What's new

Recent content by bolsover

1. bolsover

Updated Utilities (V2.1) with Rack and Pinion feature now in resources

@Cator , @stepalibre Yes - It's the updated DevExpress packages. The Class SvgBitmap is now in in the package DevExpress.Drawing.v23.2. I'd already got the code reworked and working - I just need to package for a new release - I think I'll make this version 3.0. Unfortunately, I can't see any...
  2. bolsover

v28 Bug List

Can you post your solution please.. I experienced crash on last bend - maybe I'm doing something wrong, I'm not particularly experienced with sheet metal and would like to see a solution!
  3. bolsover

Exporting part as STEP AP 242

AlibreX API documentation is at version 1.0.0.0 (28.0.0.28031) whereas the program as a whole is Version: V28 64-bit [Build 28094]. It is not the first time a distribution has shipped with version numbers out of sync. It's my guess that the docs are automatically generated and AP242 export was...
  4. bolsover

Publishing Alibre powered software and Integrations in an open source way.

For a stand alone application this is the correct method - and easy to do. https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/api/microsoft.win32.registry.getvalue?view=netframework-4.8.1 The code is the same for other versions of .NET.
  5. bolsover

Publishing Alibre powered software and Integrations in an open source way.

If you are working with an Add-on you can do something like: public static void AddOnLoad(IntPtr hwnd, IAutomationHook pAutomationHook, IntPtr unused) { AlibreRoot = (IADRoot) pAutomationHook.Root; _parentWinHandle = hwnd; var version =...
  6. bolsover

Exporting part as STEP AP 242

I checked over the AlibreX.dll yesterday - I think ExportAP242 is the one and only addition to the API - I'd hoped for more...
  7. bolsover

Version 28 Planned release date

I've asked for this previously but it seems to fall on deaf ears. Alibre is a great product but more transparency when it comes to bugs and bug reporting would be a real bonus to users and developers alike.
  8. bolsover

Amount of Ram?

Hi Jacob Given you have a Dell XPS15 9530 you 'should' be seeing quite good performance - but the devil is in the detail.. As @DavidJ says, you do need to check the Alibre settings to ensure the dedicated high performance GPU is being used and not the GPU integrated with the CPU. I'm guessing...
  9. bolsover

Amount of Ram?

What is your system spec? CPU, RAM, GPU?
  10. bolsover

Version 28 Planned release date

I just found this https://www.alibre.com/version28/ Planned launch: May 27, 2024 Drilling down into the learn more, initial launch end of May with updates July and September for the PDM beta and full release. Excellent news..
  11. bolsover

Recovery of user settings

So I did a few tests.. In the .zip you provided, the files User.NET.profile and User.NET.profile_24 are readable. All the other '_27' files are corrupt and unreadable. You might try renaming User.NET.profile_24 to User.NET.profile_27 - it 'might' work and recover setting you had in version 24...
  12. bolsover

Alibre under Linux?

I'm not entirely convinced.. I don't doubt that Alibre needs to sell maintenance packages - but they also need to invest in the product to provide updated and additional features demanded by the users. I don't doubt that those additional features will break backwards compatibility between versions.
  13. bolsover

Can't get suppressed sub-sub-assemblies.

@stepalibre - Yes - but to do that you need to edit the file. I suspect that 'Version Comment' should have been exposed in the API as an extended property - but was forgotten. David
  14. bolsover

If I remember correctly, the 'Version Comment' data is not available through the API but must be in the file.. somewhere... likely as a string value pair.
  15. bolsover

Just wondering if it might be possible to interrogate the the raw .AD_ASM files in some way other than by using the Alibre API. Alibre files appear to be based on MS OLE Structured Storage or MS Compound Binary File Format. There do not appear to be many tools available to interrogate these...