What's new

Recent content by Idahoan

1. Idahoan

Install update - cannot connect to server

Have a look at this thread. https://www.alibre.com/forum/index.php?threads/window-7-wont-connect-to-server-for-upgrade.23906/ Dave
  2. Idahoan

File Transfer Question, New PC

Thank you, I did a test run using only one folder and it worked fine. The assembly opened with out any issues, so it seems. Dave
  3. Idahoan

File Transfer Question, New PC

I guess that this has probably been beat to death here, but I have not found the answer to my question. I have a new PC and would like to copy all my Alibre work (files) from my old PC to the new one. I have probably well over a thousand files from many different projects, I can't imagine the...
  4. Idahoan

Strange Behavior When Saving STEP Files

Looks like I'm not the only one getting the strange file names. Dave
  5. Idahoan

Interesting, so it must be something with my antique operating system? Thanks Harold. Dave
  6. Idahoan

It is not just one file it's all of them, files from customers and anything I download from McMaster Carr. Attached is a recent one, maybe there is something in that the system doesn't like. Dave
  7. Idahoan

Thanks Harold, I'm really starting to think about a new PC. Dave
  8. Idahoan

I have noticed when saving imported STEP files Alibre will blow away the first two characters of the file name and replace them with symbols when saving the part. I was wondering if anyone else is seeing this and/or what might be causing it? I have version 26 running on Windows 7, I don't recall...
  9. Idahoan

V26 scaling issue

I'm seeing it but I'm only missing the d. I remember a few versions back I had a similar problem but it was in the upper left corner, I got so that I just ignored it. I hadn't noticed the missing d until I saw your post and checked. I do have pretty old equipment so tend to chalk things up to...
  10. Idahoan

Window 7 won't connect to server for upgrade

Thank you! That worked, and I'm up and running. Dave
  11. Idahoan

Window 7 won't connect to server for upgrade

Having the same issue with my HP Z600 Windows 7 Workstation. I was able to download and install it, but no success in getting it to run. Do I need to start shopping for a new PC? I have never had any issues with updates before. Dave
  12. Idahoan

Problem With New Constraint Function

Yes, while playing around trying to get the limit constraint to work, more often that not I would hit the close button instead of the green check mark icon. My vote would be to move at least the green check mark to the bottom of the dialog, or add an apply button. Dave
  13. Idahoan

Limit Constraint Question

Thanks for all the great advice guys, I have learned that there is more than one way to make this work. Dave
  14. Idahoan

Limit Constraint Question

Hi Guys I'm trying to constrain a pin to a slot, (see picture) nothing I have tried will make it work. I want the pin to be able to move the length of the slot. I have been successful to get the pin to stop at one end but not the other. Could someone enlighten me if this can be done, and the...
  15. Idahoan

Display Question, Ver. 21

I have noticed with Ver. 21 the maximized window is chopped off a little bit on all four sides. I don't recall seeing this before the upgrade. It does it with both legacy display and Hoops? Any ideas? has anyone else noticed this? My display resolution (recommended for my monitor) is 1920 x...