What's new

Search results

1. JST

A solution to the hole dimension type issue of changing from the arrow to lines.

Hole dimensions often switch from arrows to the double lines, before you get the text to where you want it. However, I just discovered what to do. Just let the arrow dimension text sit wherever it will stay as an arrow. Close the dimensioning, leaving it there. Now, once you are out of...
  2. JST

OK, I have another file problem with read only. It's a BOM file

Well, just now Alibre decide to LOCK the master BOM file for the project. I already had to rebuild it once..... I REALLY do not want to rebuild it YET AGAIN. If it is any help to you, I had added some parts to it, and moved them from the bottom of the list to their proper area. I was just in...
  3. JST

The memory leak issue is not very funny anymore.... please fix it soonest. Delay V24 if you have to. Just fix it.

The current project has run into this much more quickly than I expected from past experience. I have had to redo models, and the latest is that I have to redo the entire 76 line BOM from scratch, re-ordering everything per the item numbers, because the previous one apparently got corrupted...
  4. JST

Something very GOOD about Alibre

I have had quite a few bitter complaints about Alibre. Let me take a bit of time to mention a really GOOD FEATURE. In my opinion and experience, one of the very GOOD and USEFUL features of Alibre is the "Fastener constraint". It should be up on the "Wall of Honor" I had an occasion today to...
  5. JST

Alibre not releasing files??

I use SyncToy to backup files. I am getting a list of errors from SyncToy, that it "cannot read from source" with the reason as "active". That. to me, means Alibre has not released those files. I've tried closing, opening then closing, for Alibre. I've tried opening the containing model...
  6. JST

Sigh........ apparently NONE of the really needed updates to save behavior are in V24? Where is the PROJECT DIRECTORY?

Yeah, there is some stuff done. But apparently, and I looked through everything that related to "save", the elephant in the room was ignored. I'd like to be wrong about this, but if I am I cannot find it. I refer, of course, to the problem of saves going odd places. Places you maybe cannot...
  7. JST

Big time loss issue....... editing constraints not available from constraint menu

This is really a big deal in my experience. I make a LOT of subassemblies. And, I make them, and edit them quite a bit. The fact that every stinking time I have to close the window, go mouse over and ask for the edit (which then brings up the same exact window) is a constant time drain...
  8. JST

selection window enhancements... total # of entities selected

When there is a selection window for things like "project to sketch" or "section view" in a model, etc, it is reasonably common to have several more items selected than fit on the visible area of the window. It can be difficult to determine if you have selected everything that you think you...
  9. JST

Parts showing through both for view, AND selection in V23!

This seems to be new / worse in V23 than in prior versions. Should we expect this also in V24? I am not sure if there is a setting for this or not. Makes no sense to me to have a setting, but.......... OK here is a view of a set of stairs and a mezzanine railing. Look at the C-channel and...
  10. JST

Can we get rid of silly dimensions, please?

I run into silly and unprofessional dimensions that don't go away. Things like 3' 12". To any half intelligent semi-human, that is simply 4'. But Alibre insists that it is 3' 12" (which it technically is, of course, it is a sort of "semantics" issue). I have several of these in a drawing...
  11. JST

Where the heck did this weird weld symbol setup come from?

Just trying to spec the weld for these three parts, two pieces of plate and a square tube. So I think I have it positioned right, arrow looks good, and the symbol is OK. Then I add the second arrow, and BAM..... I get this. I've actually gotten it twice now, on two similar parts. First time...
  12. JST

Alibre seems to have forgotten my email, or else "suggest a feature" does not work.

When I try to use that selection, everything appears to work, other than my password. And the "forgot password" does not come to me at the email I have used with Alibre. Is it just that the function is inoperative? Yes, of course I have checked spam and trash. And checked "All Mail" as...
  13. JST

REALLY nasty problem that appears to be totally unfixable

A minor constituent of the main model got, by accident of mis-typing, a file of its same name as a part within it. The file of the constituent is now bad, and marks everything it is in as bad as well. Now the entire main model will not open, because the constituent of it has that issue. No...
  14. JST

"Offset free" goes to wrong side, no way to change that?

When using "offset free" to get a part parallel to a plane, such as the XY or YZ plane, if the part goes to the wrong side, persistently, no matter what position you put it close to, there seems to be no way to reverse it. The support needs to face the other way, but using "offset free" with...
  15. JST

Points and axes not working in V23?

I have a design for a client which involves some pipework, for a welded frame, not fluid flow. I need to stick a couple parts together which have angle cuts on them, since the frame has an angle at that point. The way I have done this in the past is to get the two parts with their cut ends...
  16. JST

A different type of array?

I seem to be doing stairways at the moment. And things naturally change, which makes for a great deal of slogging through constraints, implementing changes. So.... I cannot seem to find a way to do an array that consists of a series of parts which have a "horizontal" spacing, AND a...
  17. JST

How soon will Alibre REQUIRE Win 11?

I know that depends on when M$ decides to "discontinue support" for Win 10. But, many of us just bought new computers within the last couple years. I'm here to tell you I am not interested in having to buy another new computer soon. I might let support expire, rather than either pay for...
  18. JST

What year version is the first to use the current license server?

The question came up elsewhere, and I could not find search terms that gave a good answer.
  19. JST

V 23 still wants to save unchanged models every time

A the title says. No matter what, V23 asks to save the model even if there has been no edit. Even if the model has been saved already, just moments before. Seems (as usual) that it is more common with models that were started in the prior version (V22 in this case). Pretends to act just...
  20. JST

Anyone running Alibre on a VM thru Linux?

It seems that I recall a discussion, but I could not locate it. I am getting tired of Micro$oft bloatware and the latency increases, so considering a shift for the future. Some programs are available in Linux, and for others, the Windows VM should handle. But I am not sure it does. So, if...