What's new

Search results

1. S

Rolling the view like turning a steering wheel

You got it Max. I will add a short video here with some examples from Alibre, Turbocad, and Blender of myself inspecting a part. I also show the "zoom to mouse pointer" feature that maybe could have some tweaking done to improve it. I don't intend to offend anyone with saying that maybe there...
  2. S

Thanks for the replies everyone. The Shift+arrow keys don't do what I am after but they do rotate the part without turning it which maybe could be useful but also a pain. I looked into a spacemouse years ago and that would be the best for this it seems. I use two different computers which could...
  3. S

Is it possible to manually roll the view like you would turn a steering wheel? When rotating my part often gets to a point where I would like to just roll it a little and trying to do that with the standard rotation method with the mouse is tricky. In Turbocad I normally rotate the part and then...
  4. S

At what point does one make a design an assembly?

Thanks oldfox for giving me a look into that part. The methodology is quite clear to me now on keeping things grouped and separate so as not to clutter everything up. Lew_Merrick, I can see the inconsistencies with 3d printing especially on the consumer grade machines. Just fyi for you guys, I...
  5. S

Thanks for all of the replies! You all have answered my question for sure. The video on keeping it simple was also excellent. Oldfox, I looked at your folding workshop and it is pretty neat and does show much for reasoning on keeping things broken down. I cannot open the file you shared as I am...
  6. S

Hi everyone. I am new to parametric cad so figuring out when a project dictates being broken into sub parts instead of one big part sketch is my question. I have been using Turbocad for a few years and there I can just model a very complex thing in one shot and place things on layers which can...