What's new

Search results

1. Idahoan

File Transfer Question, New PC

I guess that this has probably been beat to death here, but I have not found the answer to my question. I have a new PC and would like to copy all my Alibre work (files) from my old PC to the new one. I have probably well over a thousand files from many different projects, I can't imagine the...
  2. Idahoan

Strange Behavior When Saving STEP Files

I have noticed when saving imported STEP files Alibre will blow away the first two characters of the file name and replace them with symbols when saving the part. I was wondering if anyone else is seeing this and/or what might be causing it? I have version 26 running on Windows 7, I don't recall...
  3. Idahoan

Limit Constraint Question

Hi Guys I'm trying to constrain a pin to a slot, (see picture) nothing I have tried will make it work. I want the pin to be able to move the length of the slot. I have been successful to get the pin to stop at one end but not the other. Could someone enlighten me if this can be done, and the...
  4. Idahoan

Display Question, Ver. 21

I have noticed with Ver. 21 the maximized window is chopped off a little bit on all four sides. I don't recall seeing this before the upgrade. It does it with both legacy display and Hoops? Any ideas? has anyone else noticed this? My display resolution (recommended for my monitor) is 1920 x...
  5. Idahoan

Strange Dimension Behavior?

I have noticed this with the new version, Alibre Design™ Expert Version: 2019 64-bit [Build 20072] When working on drawings I lose the ability to edit any dimensions, when you hover over a dimension it normally turns red and you can drag it around. Or left click on it to bring up the...
  6. Idahoan

Question On Drawing View Display

When opening some drawings that were created before the new graphics pipeline upgrade I get the following error. (This drawing has Draft of Shaded Views which cannot be generated due to lack of appropriate hardware) The missing views are shaded, I found that after the drawing loaded I was able...
  7. Idahoan

File Question

I'm working on a rather large assembly that is broken into a number of different folders. I created a multi sheet assembly drawing of one of the sub assemblies with an associated BOM. I accidentally saved it to the wrong folder, so my question is what is the best way to get it saved to the...
  8. Idahoan

Question For The Sheet Metal Guys

When calculating K Factor, is the "bend radius" the actual formed radius on the part, or the the tip radius of the punch? Thanks, Dave
  9. Idahoan

BOM Question

I have an assembly that I'm doing an assembly drawing of, included in this assembly are some parts and sub-assemblies that I have hidden in my drawing. Is there a way to have these hidden items not show up in the BOM when I create it? Thanks, Dave
  10. Idahoan

Save Operation Error?

I was wondering if anyone has any ideas why I occasionally get this error. I usually have to bite the bullet and loose all my changes and close Alibre with out saving my work. I can have multiple part files open I only get the error on one of them?
  11. Idahoan

Question about Loft

Hi Guys I need to model a piece of flat bar 1/2" X 1/8" with a 1/4 twist in it; this is part of a larger bracket that I'm working on. I'm thinking that I can do it with a loft but when I tried I didn't get the results that I wanted. The long sides of one sketch got lofted to the short sides of...
  12. Idahoan

Question about Dimensions

Can anyone tell me what causes some or all of the dimensions on an existing drawing to turn red? Is there a way to fix them without deleting them and replacing them? Thanks, Dave