What's new

Search results

1. kw856

Recovery of user settings

I was thinking maybe simple notepad++ could help me. Rename from v24 to v27 works okey. I can see some usefull stuff - Thanks. I m using quite a lot of macros eg: one click export DXF and STEP from 2D drawings. Company just got spacemouse to use with Alibre, so the settings from v24 arent the...
  2. kw856

Now i wish the UI for shortcuts or settings was easier to navigate. I guess its not worth our time. I will just spend some time getting everything back as i remember. Tho if you have more will power to dig solution or source of problem i m more then happy to help. I never seen this type of error...
  3. kw856

It happend with 1. Alibre running a project -> save and exit 2. Turn off Alibre 3. 5 min break 3. Turn on Alibre -> This error msg I just checked windows update, last update was 10.05.2024
  4. kw856

I attach files from /default user
  5. kw856

My first idea was just to rename the endings of profiles, but the error happens. So my bet its somewhat corrupted, as alibre reading the file gives error and creates new user profile Anyway to hand edit it? It could be some random bitflip :/
  6. kw856

Hey, just got a error while starting Alibre v27 It made new user profile settings in %appdata% I bet that profile_27.bak has my settings, is there anyway to recovery them?
  7. kw856

A way to find Alibre documentation pages by version Atom3D|Pro|Expert more easily. Alibre Help GPT

Interesting I guess soon all search bars in software will have build in AI
  8. kw856

Poll: organizing your files

Folder real time synced with a diffrent pc and NAT server. C:\Projects\<Project name>\<sub folders> 1_Documentation 2_Assemblies 3_Sheet metal 3_Eletronics 4_standardized items 5_Plastics 6_sections (tube) Project.KSP Project.AD_ASM
  9. kw856

Everyone happy with the new version so far?

Same happens to me. When working on ASM, mostly problems with subassemblies. Even with those problems i m still happy with GLP
  10. kw856

Write access, read only file

If someone ever have this problem just go to task manager details tab and kill any alibre you see. You are able to see what program is using files by search in resource monitor as presented below on screen.
  11. kw856

Game controller design work

Have to admit, 3dconnexion is a game changer. I was using space mouse pro for 2 weeks as a test. After those two weeks i knew that i need one and couse it not cheap, i got Space Pilot insted. Its not supported anymore and last 3DxWare version working is 10.4.10. All fuctions of it works perfect...
  12. kw856

Center of Mass

After commenting those two lines of code. I get CoG in less then 10sec in assembly made of 2900 parts(4.4Ghz cores). Thats a improvment. Very nice work. Looks like i will stick to this script for longer.
  13. kw856

Center of Mass

Nice work, but it dosent work on my assembly. I give it about 10 min and alibre still frozen. Not sure what is the problem but my guess is "size" of assembly. Works fine for something made from ~20parts. Like the point is being made, i even can see it in, but Alibre not responding. 1344...
  14. kw856

Center of Mass

Some times i use move tool so i can see with my eyes where is center of mass. At first i make a small ball and place it to origin 0,0,0 then move it by those values from physical properties