What's new

Search results

1. silver2row

Post Processors for Atom3D or Should I Update to the CNC Versioning?

Also sir, All of my options are not clickable when exporting for some reason. I looked over the link. I am guessing there is something wrong with my set up. I will read more into it. Seth
  2. silver2row

Hmm. Okay...My version only accepts .stl format for some reason. I have PRO, too. I will look into it again. Seth P.S. When exporting, what is the difference between binary and ascii and which of the two should I choose?
  3. silver2row

@DavidJ , I got the host software to accept my MeshCAM .nc file from the Alibre Atom3D .stl file. I did some cheesy circle and wording around the circle. You guys put in some work for the amount of fonts. I am thankful. I think the other file I was trying to install to the host computer was...
  4. silver2row

Okay and No Issue, I will use the grbl post processer for the controller. I will research the file extensions needing to be used too. And you are right, that is exactly what I just did do. I tried to do everything all at once without knowing the ins and outs. Seth P.S. @DavidJ : The...
  5. silver2row

I just typed the toolpath as 3018 and done. Now, after waiting about 45 minutes, I finally can install the gcode but the gcode is taking a long time to save also. Seth P.S. I would think with all the physical processors and threads, this i7 would be something to boast about currently. Not so...
  6. silver2row

This is the motherboard. Some CNC controller with GRBL power. "MakerBase DLC32"? Anyway, this is for testing purposes. Nothing too inventive for now. Seth P.S. I use Candle for relaying gcode to the controller for use. Before building something nice, I want to make sure I understand. I found...
  7. silver2row

My controller is unheard of... It is some grbl controller from Monoprice (I think). I know it is from Monoprice but it is only three axes and I make my own Spoilboard. I have not seen the training videos. I keep reading their website blogs and ideas for their product. Seth P.S. I have an i7...
  8. silver2row

Okay, @DavidJ I found the source finally and installed it. How did you come across the .txt file you promoted from the 3018? To tell you the truth, I do not know what 3018 is currently. I have a cheap CNC for now (practicing) while I work on other projects. Seth P.S. I have the MeshCAM 9 and...
  9. silver2row

Hello, I was thinking of purchasing just the add-on but I am going to purchase the entire Workshop edition for another computer. Seth P.S. I think I have done the correct research and can ultimately just get this set up for future use.
  10. silver2row

It is reasonably priced with board and source. The source is easy once learned but I still need to understand positioning and accounting for starts and stops. And then, I need to also understand the tool, how far the tool will travel, and so on. Seth
  11. silver2row

Yeppers, I can interior thread and externally thread. I am just learning. So, this will be a good way for me to spend time learning. Seth P.S. I am not sure if setting up programs without processing is available...
  12. silver2row

Hello @JimCad , No, my lathe is not a complicated one as of now. It is a miniature lathe with an Acorn CNC on it. Seth P.S. Thank you for asking.
  13. silver2row

Thank you again for your replies... I will review the ideas available and see whatever I can accumulate in time that will hopefully be worthwhile. Seth For instance, I will need 2D, 3D, and lathe but I understand now that the CAM source is not lathe related.
  14. silver2row

Okay. Thank you for making me understand... As one can tell, I am highly uninformed on these subjects. It was clear and it is still clear. The data provided is clear. I will research MeshCAM. Seth
  15. silver2row

It does! nice...Just to make sure, I would need it for Lathe work and/or router work. So, MeshCAM DOES include POSTs for Centroid and that means "does" and not "does not," right? Seth
  16. silver2row

I found this idea: https://www.alibre.com/workshop/ . I want to purchase this source but I remember something... Seth P.S. Oh! Was it not this company who said I could get this update/upgrade for the deduction of the price for Atom 3D? Is that still an option?
  17. silver2row

Hello, I found myself in the mix. This mix pertains to an Acorn CNC and router configuration of my PC. Does the Atom 3D source come with post processing or should I update to the CNC Version? Seth P.S. I would like to have Centroid Post Processing but I am probably reaching out on a limb...
  18. silver2row

Random Builds and Wall Plates

Hey @DavidJ , I got it. I needed to Dual Extrude it with the subtractive method... Seth P.S. It was beating me senseless... I got it!
  19. silver2row

@DavidJ , Okay...I will attempt that like I already have done but this time again. I did try to shell before extrude and the subtractive extrude method did not work for some reason. I will keep trying. Seth
  20. silver2row

Right, I have not built that one just yet. We have some larger holed socket-wall plates for larger diameter wiring with a "hood" or "shroud" that allowed the wires to neatly converge downwards. Seth P.S. Here are the equivalents of separate photos that resulted in the two different printed...