What's new

Search results

1. J

How to extend lines in 2D drawing

I have a 2D drawing containing a part which has the corners filleted. I wish to extand the lines to the corner which was removed so I can dimension the pre-cut part size. So I'm activating a 2D Sketch, but then I can no longer select the edges to be extended. Is there an easy way to...
  2. J

License Portal, purpose

I see that one thing you get with annual maintenance is "the ability to use the license portal". But I can't find an explanation of what I can do via the license portal. What would I lose by not getting access to the license portal?
  3. J

Alibre drawing Window FROZEN with big red X on top

I have a drawing window with a big red X on top frozez-up which I cannot kill or do anything with. What does this mean? How can I proceed?
  4. J

What is the Benefit of Alibre Packages

I'm having difficulty seeing the benefit of Alibre Packages as compared with Zip files. Can someone please explain how packages provide any more value than just putting all related project/assembly/drawing files into a single zip file?
  5. J

Set default drawing dimension styles

I cannot figure out how to set all of the default dimension style settings. I have successfully been able to set the default units to inches. But for each new drawing, I must manually set the format to fractions and the denominator.to 64. How can I set these as the default for new drawings?
  6. J

Update changed part in an assembly

I have an assembly created from a numbrer of part files. I have made corrections in one of the part files, but cannot figure out how to update the part in the assembly. Regenerate did not do it.
  7. J

Missing dimeensions when editing existing sketch

When going back and editing an existing sketch, I cannot see (or edit) any of the dimensions. Do I have something set incorrectly someplace?
  8. J

Project to Sketch

I'm not sure when it is appropriate to project to sketch. It seems that every time I create a new sketch on an existing surface that I cannot snap to a point on that surface unless I first project to sketch. Is that expected, or am I missing something? Also, is there a way to go back and turn...