What's new

Search results

1. pridbor

How do I Shell this small box?

I seem to have done this 1000 times, but for some reason, it escapes me this time. I need to shell to 1.2mm, sorry for the edit. Please advise. Thanks Preben
  2. pridbor

"Lost Materials"

Gents, I got a new Laptop and installed both Alibre and Keyshot from Alibre's Download site. Alibre works fine. Note, though, that I must now run it in Admin mode for it to work correctly! I can also get Keyshot to run from within Alibre, but somehow I no longer get the materials shown any...
  3. pridbor

Yet another .stl question

I have designed a wheel bolt cover for my rare Citroen Cx. When I look at the design within Alibre, it looks fine. But when I then have a look at the STL file, in MeshMixer, then it looks like Alibre has generated a "floor," i.e. made it very thick in an area where I had it only a few mm. Does...
  4. pridbor

Library

Is there a standard-sized Bolts and Washers library? I need a simple 6mm Bolt and can design it with threads if needed, but it seems like a waste of my time if there's a library available with these types of devices. Or is the Library function only for my own generated items? Thanks Preben...
  5. pridbor

CAM ( actually FEA )

I seem to recall a tool in Alibre that did a stress analysis on the model. Do I remember incorrectly, or could it have been Solidworks that I used when it was new? If not/neither, is there somebody who could point me to a "cheap" program for misc analysis? Thanks Preben
  6. pridbor

Stress testing

Are there any stress testing tools that one can integrate with Alibre, or freestanding if not?
  7. pridbor

Part Integrity

I'm looking to see if my part is OK and ready to go to 3D printing. I thus tried to do a "check part" in the "Inspect"/ "Analysis" section and get the result shown below. The question is, what does it really mean, and if possible, what corrective action can I take? One observation I have...
  8. pridbor

STL vs STP file size

I have just created STL and STP files for the exact same very small part. The former comes out as 3MB, and the latter 100k (rounded) Does anybody know and can tell me that the extremely small file size for STP will render as detailed part as the much larger STL file? And also, why/when would...
  9. pridbor

Keyshot update for Alibre

I'm sure that I have asked this question before, so please bear with me for not remembering. How and from where do I download the V12 Keyshot for Alibre? Thanks Preben
  10. pridbor

Scaleaa DXF file on "import"

I remember that I once did a measurement on a figure in order to scale it to be 1:1, the trouble is I don't recall how I went about it. I did a search and got the dxf elements into my part but with the wrong dimensions. Thanks Preben
  11. pridbor

Chain Select

I'm watching a number of very informative videos on YouTube. The latest one on "Paint and Chain" select. It looked as if the chain select was reached by a right click in the sketch, and there it appeared. Except not in mine, It looked like :) So do I need to enable such a select tool...
  12. pridbor

I can't see how to arrive at a fully defined design.

What am I missing in order to get my design fully defined? I often get frustrated when creating measurements for a design, and I get all my lines "orange", and in my current case, even one black, but I still can't figure out which measurement I'm missing to get them all black. It doesn't...
  13. pridbor

DXF Export once more :-)

It's been a while since I last tried to make use of an Alibre exported *.dxf file. Searching previous posts found that it was a topic touched upon a long time ago, or I didn't find the newer ones, so please excuse me if this is a repeat. I'm designing a printed circuit board and I find the...
  14. pridbor

Holes at an angle around a cylinder.

How do I "drill" the nine holes in the Piston/cylinder, see detail "B" below Thanks Preben
  15. pridbor

Image tracing - it disappears

I have only tried this feature once before, with success I might add :) I manage to "scale" the image and hit OK and then, as I hit the "OK" button the image I imported disappears! I'm sure it's something simple but I'm lost... Please advise Thanks Preben
  16. pridbor

Line width in Drawings

It may be me, but I can't find a way to make line widths wider in a drawing. The default line width is so thin that it hardly shows up on a print, so I'm looking for a way to increase line widths for the sake of my old eyes :) Please advise Thanks Preben
  17. pridbor

Change to Apple a good idea?

I'm getting to a point where I need to upgrade my PC and am considering going to a MAC instead. Is it possible to run Alibre on a Mac? I don't recall any posts to this extent and searching didn't reveal any answers. Please advise Thanks Preben
  18. pridbor

A "simple" lofting problem

I have virtually never used Lofting, so when I did this weekend, and failed, I decided to look in the new "Design Book" we just got in an email. There's an example (Tutorial 2, page 422) showing how to make a simple Loft, and I make it fine enough, except when I add the center guideline, then I...
  19. pridbor

Movement of an Assy in an Assy

I must be doing something simple, very wrong, I think. I have a hinge Assy which moves as I would expect a hinge to do. But when I load this hinge Assy into another Assy and constrain one side of the hinge, the other side will no longer move. I don't think that I have had an assembly in an...
  20. pridbor

Metric default in Drawings not taking

I'm a metric guy, so I usually just change from the installation "Inch way" to Metric as default by checking that small box in the lower-left corner. However, unless I'm just not knowing what I'm doing, I have tried this "trick" several times on different drawings, and it keeps coming up with...