What's new

Search results

1. domcm

Design Explorer Icons

Does anyone know what the following icon means? Also, is this icon identified in the online help somewhere? I could not find it.
  2. domcm

Print Scaling Bug

I was hoping someone could confirm this bug for me, particularly if you have an 11 x 17 printer. When I print a drawing that is larger than the printer paper size (e.g. D size on 11 X 17 paper) and select the “scale to fit” option, the drawing is not scaled correctly to fit the paper size – it...
  3. domcm

Convert to Sheetmetal White Boxes

The white box bug reported in the beta still persists with build 21031. Not huge issue but still there.
  4. domcm

2018.2 AutoCAD Export Stundet Version Stamp

Is anyone getting the following message in AutoCAD when opening a drawing exported from Alibre 2018.2 in AutoCAD 2018 format? I am using AutoCAD 2019.
  5. domcm

v2017.1.1 Drawing Text Scaling Bug

Just a heads-up that there appears to be a text scaling bug introduced in v2017.1.1 that scales balloon text and section label text on existing drawings. I contacted Alibre support and they have confirmed the issue and have logged it. Has anyone else seen this issue? I have drawing templates for...
  6. domcm

V2015.1.1 Rotate Centerline Bug

Found what looks to be another bug in v2015.1.1. Not sure if this occurs in previous versions. Reproject views causes a rotated centerline to go back to its default value. Be careful because this bug can change dimensions. Click on image below for video.
  7. domcm

Red X

I think this has been posted before but I'm not sure in the same context. I routinely get the following Red X display when the PC enters sleep mode. Once this happens, the current display is locked-up and there appears to be no way to refresh it. I will submit a support ticket but has anyone...
  8. domcm

3D Systems Exiting Home 3D Printer Business?

Form an email I recently received. Looks like 3D Systems may be exiting the "home" 3D printer business.
  9. domcm

v2015.1.1 Bill of Material Bug?

After upgrading to v2015.1.1, all of the bill of materials (BOM) and balloon call-outs in my drawings are messed up. Does anyone have a drawing with bill of materials and balloons they could open in the new version to see if it is just me? See attached for an example of what I am seeing.
  10. domcm

How to Create Offset Point?

Maybe I am missing something, but I am having difficulty creating an offset point using the attached instructions in the on-line help. I can only get it to work with a x=0, y=0 offset. Can anyone get it to work with an actual offset like x=1, y=1?
  11. domcm

STEP Import Units Incorrect

I'm trying to import a STEP file from Autodesk Inventor and cannot get the units to import properly even though I have set the "Overide Units" option to "Inches" in Geomagic Design. The imported solid in Geomagic Design is off by a scale factor of 2.54 - it's supposed to be 15.5" x 16". Is this...
  12. domcm

Incorrect Pattern Spacing

I logged a support incident last week but have not received a response from the Geomagic support team so I am asking you guys. I built the attached part in Alibre 2012 but am having problems changing the pattern spacing in Geomagic 2013. I would appreciate it if someone can see if they can...
  13. domcm

BOM Column Width

I posted this as an enhancement request and then it occurred to me maybe I should ask the experts to see if there is a creative way to do this. I have wasted WAY more time then I would like to admit trying to precisely locate bill of material (BOM) columns. Our company requires that BOM columns...
  14. domcm

BOM Callout Balloons

Anyone ever see this? I created a drawing, inserted a bill of materials and then started adding the callout balloons. The balloons display as a mix of filled arrows and hollow arrows even though the default setting is filled. It looks like a display issue only since the prints look OK. Kind of...
  15. domcm

V2011 Print Black and White - Fixed in latest build

I am trying to see if other users are experiencing the same problem I have. I cannot get the "Print Black and White" option to work in v2011. The text in all of my color prints and PDF files is in color. I'm wondering if this is related to the bitmap text issue previously reported?
  16. domcm

Selection Arrow Shortcut Key

Here is a question for you Alibre gurus. Is there a way to assign a shortcut key for the selection arrow? See attached. As an example, this would be really convenient in drawing mode when you have the dimension tool active but need to get back to the selection arrow to select a view or other...
  17. domcm

Alibre 2011 Issues

Just installed Alibre 2011 and have run into a couple of issues I'm wondering if others can confirm. 1) Selecting the "Print Black and White" option in drawing mode does not seem to work. All of my plots print in color. 2) When creating a PDF file using the Publish to PDF option, all text is...
  18. domcm

2011 User Guide

I see that the Alibre 2011 User Guide has been posted to the downloads page. A few comments: 1) I'm not sure why the file sizes for the last two versions are almost 4 times bigger then the previous versions and the image quality for the figures looks worse. 2) Searching for text in the Users...
  19. domcm

ACIS Kernel

Does anyone know if the ACIS kernel has been upgraded in Alibre 2011 and, if so, to what version?
  20. domcm

3D Section View

Would someone tell me what I am doing wrong? When I create a 3D section view a number of the parts in the view are not removed. See attached. I selected all of the parts in the design explorer prior to creating the 3D section. Could it be because these parts are patterned?