What's new

Alibre Script - script requests

NateLiquidGravity

Alibre Super User
You can do this with AlibreScript. Perhaps I can come up with something with a nice user interface...

Andy
Sorry - correct me if I'm wrong, but currently (copying sketches) with AlibreScript all sketch dimensions and constraints are lost.

Last edited:

MainJet

A script that changes a picked side to have an angle.
Ie when 3D printing for casting, you usually have somewhere between 3 and 7 degree angle on the mold side to allow the cast to release from the mold.
++ for standard threads to be applied easily. Again for 3D printing

MainJet

And a way to import STL 3D print files.
Properly not really a script but a function within Alibre, but this is really needed

idslk

Alibre Super User
Hello MainJet,
A script that changes a picked side to have an angle.
Ie when 3D printing for casting, you usually have somewhere between 3 and 7 degree angle on the mold side to allow the cast to release from the mold.
Have you tried this:
upload_2019-9-5_8-44-57.png

++ for standard threads to be applied easily. Again for 3D printing
https://www.alibreforum.com/forum/i...not-exported-with-stl-file.21126/#post-136084
If you don't get a Helix-Script-function added to the skript API...
I have tried this: https://www.alibreforum.com/forum/index.php?threads/thread-loft-test.20636/
no real response -> so been not motivated to make a better version...

Regards
Stefan

MainJet

Stefan
No to both.
Will try both when I get home in a few days, as no Alibre on my laptop and let you know
Thanks

RocketNut

Alibre Super User
I know this has been mentioned before, Does anyone have a script that draws up standard metric bolts and nuts?

idslk

Alibre Super User
Hello RocketNut,
Does anyone have a script that draws up standard metric bolts and nuts?
with or without thread?
Without thread oldfox has done 2 skripts.
With thread you should read post #49 above
https://www.alibreforum.com/forum/i...not-exported-with-stl-file.21126/#post-136084
If you don't get a Helix-Script-function added to the skript API...
I have tried this: https://www.alibreforum.com/forum/index.php?threads/thread-loft-test.20636/
no real response -> so been not motivated to make a better version...

I also tried thread to a sweep along an calculated "bspline helix" but the "triangle" profile gets twisted along the way up the manual helix...
upload_2019-9-5_16-26-22.pngupload_2019-9-5_16-25-52.png

I also made an attempt with a loftet thread:
upload_2019-9-5_16-28-31.png

is geometricaly ok, but is awfully slow in my perception...

Ask Andy(or Max) for the Helix function in Alibrescript, then a skript will be no real problem...

Regards
Stefan

oldfox

Alibre Super User
Does anyone have a script that draws up standard metric bolts and nuts?

Nut, here are the scripts for metric screws and nuts, M2 thru M20.
If you have trouble, let me know. Otherwise just enjoy.

EDIT: Please do not use these scripts if you don't understand how to change the "Save" options.
See post #58 in this thread.

Attachments

• Metric Series Screws V2.0.2 6-12-2019.py
    17.3 KB · Views: 19
  • Metric Series Nuts V2.0 5-27-2019.py
    6.8 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

ChadBays

Got two requests:
1) I'd like to see a script which does an automatic batch-export (or conversion) of all Bill-of-Materials files within a file folder (and the option to find & export/convert those in all subdirectories, as well).
2) Batch-export of all Assembly files to a universal format (STEP214, etc).

Reactions: MKR

RocketNut

Alibre Super User
Does anyone have a script that draws a Rack and Pinion set? That draws 2 separate drawings, 1 for the gear and 1 for the rack.

Here is a picture (I found on the web) of what I am trying to model. I really like the helx gear becuase there will be very little slop/backlash:

Rack-and-Pinion-System.jpg

Last edited:

RocketNut

Alibre Super User
Nut, here are the scripts for metric screws and nuts, M2 thru M20.
If you have trouble, let me know. Otherwise just enjoy.
Sorry for the extreme delay in my response, I just notice your replay today.

When I tried to run the script I got an error:::

wizo error.jpg

oldfox

Alibre Super User
When I tried to run the script I got an error:::

Here's the corrected copy . Read the instructions, especially lines 34-36. You need to change the path of "output folder" to where you want
to save it on your computer. My bad was that the lines referred to in those lines were wrong. It's been changed.

To comment out a line in Python, use the pound (#) sign. (Line is no longer an instruction but a text "comment")
Delete it to make that line active. (uncommented)

If you see any more OOPS's on my part, let me know.

I also found the same OOPS in the Metric Series Nuts script. It's been corrected. The below scripts should be used.
Not the scripts in original post to RocketNut.

Attachments

• Metric Series Screws V2.0.3 10-31-2019.py
    17.3 KB · Views: 20
  • Metric Series Nuts V2.0.01 10-31-2019.py
    6.8 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

RocketNut

Alibre Super User
It works now. Thanks ;)

Just a very minor blip tho. When entering the bolt size (like M10) you click on the apply icon, nothing happens! You have click on the cancel icon to continue entering the rest of the bolt data. This is really no big deal, just a heads up thats all. :):)

Has anyone written a script to do database operations? It would nice to store the bolts and other fasteners in a database file. So when the fasteners are pulled for an assembly, the operator just calls up the assembly name an the fasteners for that assembly will form a BOM.

The way I see the Data Format as::
Field 1 > The fastener drawing file name (fastener name)
Field 2 > Assembly Name
Field 3 > Assembly Part Name
Field 4 > Quantity Need

There are possibly more fields that may be needed.

Last edited:

oldfox

Alibre Super User
So glad it works for you. So what do you think of the produced screws as "eye candy" only? The script could also be upgraded to give
engineering results. (A lot more work) I don't engineer things, just go the hardware aisle in my favorite BigBox store and get what I need.

When entering the bolt size (like M10) you click on the apply icon, nothing happens! You have click on the cancel icon to continue entering the rest of the bolt data.
I think you mean Close.

That's how it works. That function is something I use (pseudo-plagiarism) from IDSLK (Stefan). It is a Windows thing which I haven't taken the time to research it to see just how it works and what other options of that function may be.

If you just hit Close first, it will continue, but it won't have created the part. (i.e. the screw body) If you ever hit Cancel, it cancels out the script.

Another Windows function uses "OK". That works all by itself. No need for a second click. I'm still learning.:rolleyes:

As for the Database Script... I haven't used WizoGrid yet so I don't know how that works. You might look into it and see if it would produce
what you are needing. I never need to do BOMs either. I generally just use MOB. (My Own Brain :D)