What's new

V4 beta Nov-12-2017 available now

JL82

Moi3D Forum said:
The first v4 beta (version Nov-12-2017) is now available for download here:
http://moi3d.com/beta.htm , also linked to from the download page on the main web site.

V4 is a major rewrite with changes on many levels so please be on the lookout for any bugs.

The main new functionality is that MoI is now a 64-bit program for both Windows and Mac and the Mac version is a native build and doesn't use Wineskin anymore.

New system requirements are Windows 7/8/10 64-bit or macOS 10.8 - 10.13 .

Polygon conversion can now use all your system memory instead of running into 32-bit memory limits.

A lot of various little quirky things should be tuned up for the Mac version.

The only known areas still not quite working yet are snap text labels and dotted/dashed line styles in viewports and Mac trackpad gestures aren't fully functional yet.

Thanks! - Michael

bigseb

Alibre Super User
I only bought a new v3 license last week !!!! :(
Ouch. I almost upgraded to V3 last week too... but now I think I'll wait til the official V4 release...

On the plus side you do get the play with V4 til the end of the beta phase... iirc the V3 beta lasted almost a year...

bigseb

Alibre Super User
Thats correct that only V3 user can download the V4 beta. But as I say, the beta period was very long for V3 so I expect it to be similar for the V4 beta. After that the upgrade to V4 will only cost $100 so its not too bad.

simonb65

Alibre Super User
First impressions of the v4 beta is that its exactly the same functionality as v3 but just re-written to use a 64bit core! Can't see any dimensioning as previously discussed!! So if this is the v4 that will be fully released in the next 12 months, I won't be upgrading. Haven't found a 'whats new' yet but would be nice to see one.

JL82

First impressions of the v4 beta is that its exactly the same functionality as v3 but just re-written to use a 64bit core! Can't see any dimensioning as previously discussed!! So if this is the v4 that will be fully released in the next 12 months, I won't be upgrading. Haven't found a 'whats new' yet but would be nice to see one.

New functionalities will be coming next V4 beta according to Moi3d forum and Michael Gibson.