What's new

Script development and testing

Ydl

Hi all, I'm a little late to this party.

Is there any way to integrate my IDE with Alibre, so that I can develop and run Alibre scripts from within my IDE of choice?

I'd be interested in other peoples work flows. I'm working on something with a few moving parts and developing inside the Alibre script editor is kind of not amazing (not that I dont super appreciate the core functionality).

Last edited:

NateLiquidGravity

Alibre Super User
Not to my knowledge. I close the script in Alibre Script. Then edit externally and save. Then open in Alibre Script again and run.

bolsover

Hi all, I'm a little late to this party.

Is there any way to integrate my IDE with Alibre, so that I can develop and run Alibre scripts from within my IDE of choice?

I'd be interested in other peoples work flows. I'm working on something with a few moving parts and developing inside the Alibre script editor is kind of not amazing (not that I dont super appreciate the core functionality).
I've tried to integrate with Jetbrains Pycharm and not had any real success. As Nate said, I don't think it is really possible unless you are prepared to start writing a custom plug in for your chosen IDE. Out of interest, what IDE do you normally use?
David