What's new

v25 is now live - June 20, 2022

Jake_Steidy

Looks like some awesome enhancements, expanded snapping and design explorer tree enhancements were ones that caught my eye! Excited to try the Wrap and 3D project tool. Good work Alibre Team!

Cator

Hi Max,
I enclose a small chromatic inconsistency between the assembly icon in the file menu and the starting icon.... I think it is a small oversight easily solvable!

Attachments

• Design data Assembly Icon.jpg
    Design data Assembly Icon.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 39
  • Start Assembly Color Icon.jpg
    Start Assembly Color Icon.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 39

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
@Max, are there more enhancement videos coming or is what you posted going to be it for v25?

I just read thru the list of the 65 enhancements and bug fixes but I have a feeling that what is posted is a small portion of all the bugs that have been reported and verified, or enhancements that have been requested.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
@Max, are there more enhancement videos coming or is what you posted going to be it for v25?

I just read thru the list of the 65 enhancements and bug fixes but I have a feeling that what is posted is a small portion of all the bugs that have been reported and verified, or enhancements that have been requested.

This set is mostly the full set. The scope is similar to most of our releases. However, we do have a small number of developers working on a longer-term Alibre Design project that will launch near the end of the year, so their time is not devoted to general releases at this point.

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
Curiosity got the better of me as I was reading through the list of enhancements and bug fixes. I noticed that the major features were included so I counted and only come up with 61. :confused:

Is this a miscount or are there some not listed?
1652068946859.png
Either way that's a lot of work going on the bring AD up a notch or two.

Max

Administrator
Staff member
Is this a miscount or are there some not listed?
Sometimes there are bugfixes with no obvious or repeatable front-end manifestation that are arcane enough that they would be meaningless to the general public and usually even to developers using the API. They are nonetheless often important, so we include them in the count. You know, it's funny actually because as I was doing the count I thought it odd that no one had ever called it out before, and within a day or two here it is :D

jasonmburns

I am having a problem with Alibre Design Expert 25. If I press CTRL-Shift-G in Sketch Mode to toggle the grid, a New Global Parameters window pops up instead of doing a grid toggle. Anyone else having the same issue?

cadtec

The same happens here with "Ctrl+Shift+G" and the window size is always maximum (it would be better if the window size was "remembered").

cadtec

I have not reported it. I don't know where to report bugs.
In the home window, click on this smiley:
tA7vvHb.jpeg