What's new

Release: Frame Builder V2_1

NateLiquidGravity

Alibre Super User
Thanks Harold!

That error means the you selected edges of a part inside a subassembly. The part needs to be in the top level of the assembly. It's a limitation I made to prevent having to calculate more layers.

NateLiquidGravity

Alibre Super User
My apologies for the delay. In hindsight - I should have just used a previous saved backup - and added the new Alibre Design version numbers and shipped it. Instead, I wanted to include the new features and that's taken longer than expected. Anyways, the new version will be uploaded within 24 hours with new features and some big bug fixes.

Adi

Unfortunetly I can't launch Your script- I have an error:
"IOError: System.IO.IOException: Could not add reference to assembly AlibreX.dll". Could it be ALibre installed at D disc, while sripts are at their standard location at C:/?

idslk

Alibre Super User
Could not add reference to assembly AlibreX.dll
@NateLiqGrav
May you add something like this...:
Code:
import _winreg
import os

def getalibrepath():
    hKey = _winreg.OpenKey(_winreg.HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE,"Software\\Alibre, Inc.\\Alibre Design")
    result = _winreg.QueryValueEx(hKey, "HomeDirectory")
    return result[0]

alibrex = getalibrepath() + 'Program\\AlibreX.dll'

Regards
Stefan

NateLiquidGravity

Alibre Super User
"IOError: System.IO.IOException: Could not add reference to assembly AlibreX.dll". Could it be ALibre installed at D disc, while sripts are at their standard location at C:/?
I will fix very soon.

@idslk Thanks, I saw that in one of your scripts and knew I'd need to do that eventually.

Reactions: Adi

NateLiquidGravity

Alibre Super User
Please try V1_5. To everyone else if you don't have this problem then I wouldn't recommend installing this version as that is the ONLY change.
https://forums.liquidgravity.us/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6312

Reactions: Adi

GIOV

Alibre Super User
Frame Builder V1_6_3 Released.
Hi Nate,
Thanks for you initiative!.
Idea for future improvement: Now the solid base for your script, Frame Builder, is a prismatic one, so only with exterior straight edges. Is it feasible with exterior curved edges like arc or spline one?

NateLiquidGravity

Alibre Super User
Hi Nate,
Thanks for you initiative!.
Idea for future improvement: Now the solid base for your script, Frame Builder, is a prismatic one, so only with exterior straight edges. Is it feasible with exterior curved edges like arc or spline one?
Potentially, I'll have to look into it. If I could it would then be up to the user to make sure it is practical and possible to actually do the bending.