What's new

AD & Large Software Consortium

Status
Not open for further replies.

GIOV

Alibre Super User
It gives me the impression that there are participants in this forum that not only represent the interests of AD but also and much the interests of large software consortium. I'm wrong?

simonb65

Alibre Super User
large software consortium
??? not sure who you are referring to here, or what you are trying to say.

there are participants in this forum that not only represent the interests of AD
I'm sure as product users, we all represent the interests of AD, after all, for us business users, it's a tool in our toolbox that allows us to deliver our products to our customers too.

GIOV

Alibre Super User
DavidJ and friends,
I only say this statement because when I want a tool that a program really needs, Many tell me that this program will never have it, being professional or expert! Properties section area for example is very important and should not be put aside. It is not something difficult to achieve I think. If it is achieved, it will be an immense leap like the 3D points that, thanks to my suggestions, were achieved as they were, and thus many potential clients will see it as a useful program because the workspaces are conceptually very well executed. Why was Motion removed when it was fantastic? It's also another example of what I'm saying. AD is not just for hobbyists, it is for professionals who want to emerge and are not at the mercy of larges consortium. There must be some alternative between freecad and the others. Look, if you see my link, you will see that I keep writing the improvements that I think are necessary and not difficult to achieve:
I don't want to forget AD and see other alternatives because I still think about its potential.
Regards,
GIOV

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
GIOV - that has nothing to do with your opening post. You've requested various enhancements, extras, in other threads. A particular feature may be very important to you - but that doesn't necessarily mean it is also important for lots of other people. Other things just might be seen as having higher priority for development. Many of your requests are not clearly defined, so none of us can know if they would be easy to achieve or not.

Making vague statements about some 'large software consortium' and the motives of forum members is not helpful. It is also meaningless without detail.

If you have a point to make, please do so in a way that others can understand, and without making negative implications about other members.

GIOV

Alibre Super User
Making vague statements about some 'large software consortium' and the motives of forum members is not helpful. It is also meaningless without detail.
What happens DavidJ is that when I make suggestions that are valid for any professional in the field of mechanics, and supposedly this is a program that covers that area, (No electronics) someone tells me that this cannot be achieved here because it is a little program. Of course it can be done! You have a high-level postgraduate degree and you know perfectly well that what I am asking for is something basic, such as the Property Section Area. I also have a graduate degree in my field and I know it can be done because oldblet & RCH Project gear design is not trivial! they are great achievements like 3d point of idslk or NateLiqGrav or Woodworks stuff.
That's why I say there is something strange here. As someone wanted that these tools never to be achieved here but only in the big consortiums. Understands? It's not something negative, it's something to give optimism to achieve important goals! and ultimately helping our small business area!

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
GIOV - please take note or not only will this thread be deleted, but other action may be taken.

Other users are allowed their opinions - we don't have to invent some great conspiracy to explain it. CHOICES have to be made as to what gets done - we would all prefer that our particular requests are the items that get developed, but life isn't like that.

If anyone (with perhaps the exception of Max) says something that you request won't be done, then it's almost certainly just their opinion, based on no more knowledge of what is possible, easy, difficult than you have.

GIOV

Alibre Super User
GIOV - please take note or not only will this thread be deleted, but other action may be taken.
Don't worry DavidJ, delete this thread. You just have to know that I myself discovered Yoko's tutorials and Max appears doing a long interview with him, so my opinion is always intended to be constructive.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.