What's new

How to? 2D Drawing - Multi-Leader on Radius Dimensions??

jfleming

Alibre Super User
I have not been able to find a good way to add additional leader lines to these Radii dimensions like what you see in the example shown. (R0.031 and R0.050 dims).

The only method has been to "backdoor" it by making an "empty" note with leader line and positioning it such that it somewhat falls near the dimension

This mulit-leader functionality is available in the Note dialogue, I assume because it is a note and you can apply it to anything you want at as many places as you wish.

First photo: Example
Second Photo: Radii dim with (2) "empty" notes applied

Attachments

• dIMS.png
    dIMS.png
    217.9 KB · Views: 9
  • leaders.png
    leaders.png
    10.5 KB · Views: 9

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
I don't think multiple leaders are available for dimensions.
But I have a couple of questions; Are the multiple leaders needed just to copy an existing drawing or are they part of a "standard"?
Why don't you use labels on the fillets (ref ASME Y14.5M-2009, 1.7.4.1) or a general note stating that "All fillets are .031 unless otherwise indicated."?

jfleming

Alibre Super User
I don't think multiple leaders are available for dimensions.
But I have a couple of questions; Are the multiple leaders needed just to copy an existing drawing or are they part of a "standard"?
Why don't you use labels on the fillets (ref ASME Y14.5M-2009, 1.7.4.1) or a general note stating that "All fillets are .031 unless otherwise indicated."?

There are multiple sizes of fillets on the part though so a blanket statement would not apply. I do not have a copy of the Y14.5 Standard and came up empty searching for that specific portion.

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
What I have done is treat them like holes and place a label by them like "A", "B", "C". Then add a note to the first one dimensioned so it reads R.031 at "A" or R.055 at "B" and so on. That may be easier than trying to create a spider web of leaders.
I ended up buying my copy of the standard and at one time I bought a copy of the Drawing Requirements Manual (DRM). that is a bit dated now.

Here's a snippet from ASME:
1.7.4.1 Leader-Directed Dimensions. Leader-directed
dimensions are specified individually to avoid complicated
leaders. See Fig. 1-15. Where too many leaders
would impair the legibility of the drawing, letters or symbols
should be used to identify features. See Fig. 1-16.

And here's how I'd dim the drawing, you could also prefix the fillet dim with a 3X or however many locations get the fillet;
1661370006736.png

Last edited:

GIOV

Alibre Super User
I know.
I deleted this resource.
Thanks!
Hey Harold,
This image from you also may be have same issue:

index.php

1661370031482.png