What's new

Script Release: Update Table_to_3DPoints_forum_V03

laverne3ca

The points were turned on on all attempts but I ran it again and have my points. Now all I need to do is join the points to produce the cam profile. Thank you for all the help!

1673194221071.png

laverne3ca

And figure out how to make it into a solid cam with thickness or at least be able to plot the line segments or polyline to a 2D format that I know how to work with!:confused:

GIOV

Alibre Super User
After all of that I found I could use the 'Insert from File' function and do everything in about 30 seconds. o_Oo_O
The big difference is:
1.-It's fast because it uses "Nodes" so it's not parametric.
2.-Stefan Script uses Points so it is parametric. Big accomplishment.

My question to Stefan:
Is it feasible to do the same parametric script but with the option "Points", "Nodes" and Units?

Max

Administrator
Staff member
After all of that I found I could use the 'Insert from File' function and do everything in about 30 seconds.
The other big difference is that the Insert from File function is within a 2D Sketch, so if your points do not all sit on the same plane, that tool cannot be used to achieve the desired result.

GIOV

Alibre Super User
The other big difference is that the Insert from File function is within a 2D Sketch, so if your points do not all sit on the same plane, that tool cannot be used to achieve the desired result.
Max,
The Insert Nodes from File, are within a 3D Sketches too.
1673288633342.png
So
My question to Stefan:
Is it feasible to do the same parametric script but with the option "Points", "Nodes" and Units?
Will be great too.
Stefan has the floor.

idslk

Alibre Super User
When inserting nodes from a table into a 3D-Sketch they all stay on the same 2D level.
Inserting a node with a public method gives only the ability for x and y coordinates.
Nodes do not have a public id like the names for 3D-Points so it will be hard to make them parametric like the points. (there are internally keys for every entity but not that comfortable to handle)
So i do not have enough time to do such a thing...
A requester for selecting the Units should be doable sometime in the future...

Regards
Stefan

GIOV

Alibre Super User
can you please provide the coordinate list?
Of course but no the same file.
1.-Cabin Floor (3D Sketch with x,y & z ≠ 0) in meter.
The file is Microsoft Excel Comma Separated Values File (.csv)
Thanks Stefan!

Attachments

• Cabin Floor.zip
    201 bytes · Views: 1

GIOV

Alibre Super User
Nodes do not have a public id like the names for 3D-Points so it will be hard to make them parametric like the points. (there are internally keys for every entity but not that comfortable to handle)
So i do not have enough time to do such a thing...
I little idea:
The node public id could be the Equation Editor Measures.

Last edited: