What's new

nvanlaar

Can I add on to this thread?
With my spacemouse the zoom direction "Up/Down" is completely ignored, and the default "Forward/Backward" is maintained.

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
Is this a new issue?
When did it start?
Was there any software/driver updates installed just before the issue appeared?
Do you get any movement at all when Up/Down is selected?
And is the driver up to date?

I leave my Space Navigator set to Forward/Backward for zoom control, that feels more natural for me since a light push or pull on the controller zooms in and out quite well.

nvanlaar

I'm not sure. It was happening in v25 and now v26.
3dConnexion driver v10.8.11.3519 (latest version)
Upon further investigation MOI acted the same way except, MOI has it's own settings for Connexion and changing those fixed the problem for that program.

DavidJ

Administrator
Staff member
But the 3DC software allows you to save profiles for each application, doesn't it?

From v25 onwards you'll likely have to set profile for each version of Alibre (due to the installation path changes).

jasonmburns

It does allow profiles for each software, but it doesn't work for Alibre. No matter what I put for the settings nothing changes in Alibre.

View attachment 38344
It doesn't work in Alibre because the 3DConnexion SDK hasn't been implemented in the Alibre software properly according to 3DConnexion. Alibre has since contacted 3DConnexion, so I think this might be fixed in the next release of Alibre Atom3D/Design... hopefully.

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
It doesn't work in Alibre because the 3DConnexion SDK hasn't been implemented in the Alibre software properly according to 3DConnexion. Alibre has since contacted 3DConnexion, so I think this might be fixed in the next release of Alibre Atom3D/Design... hopefully.
I know it's only been a little over a month, but is there any feedback on this or an idea when/if the 3DC SDK will be implemented?

domcm

Yeah, I had so many issues I had to quite using my 3DConnection SpaceMouse wireless (see image below) because Alibre kept freezing in sketcher mode, i.e., I could not rotate the model. I was using the latest 3DxWare driver v10.8.12. Anyone else having this problem?

Hopefully, Alibre is working on overall better 3DConnection SpaceMouse integration.

spacemouse_wireless.png

HaroldL

Alibre Super User
I don't know about the wireless Space Mouse but I used to have a wireless Windows mouse and that gave me all kinds if issues when using Alibre. I switched to a wired mouse and bought the wired Space Navigator. Now the only issue I have is an occasional zoom out in Alibre.

I'd check with 3DC and, if it's not too late, see if you could exchange for a wired SpaceMouse to see if that helps.

domcm

@HaroldL

Thanks. I don't think it is the wireless part. The SpaceMouse works well with all of the other CAD packages I use. It's only Alibre where I see the issues.

HKOCH

I also wonder how the new version alibre design V27 suppose to be able to interface to the 3Dconnextion SpaceMouse Enterprice? I read that It now have some functionality but I can't find out how? An API?

HKOCH

Anything new on the 3DConnextion SpaceMouse Enterprise integration with Alibre. I really hope you prioritize this and enable support for this. Have been waiting for this 1 year now

fabfab241

Anything new on the 3DConnextion SpaceMouse Enterprise integration with Alibre. I really hope you prioritize this and enable support for this. Have been waiting for this 1 year now
Agree, I have en extremely expensive, supported by everything else tool on my desk which I can’t use properly with alibre.

MilesH

Alibre Super User
I'm sure it will come but I'm not sure why it should be a priority, given all the other needs? How many Alibre users have the SpaceMouse Enterprise? My 2 button SpaceMouse works fine...

JimCad

I have one button to "zoom all" and one to lock rotation to only pan for 2D sketches etc. and the 3D mouse action is very smooth.
What is it you're having trouble with now?
Jim