Exploded.jpg
Ken226

Exploded.jpg

Flat 8 Aviation Engine, Exploded View
Reactions: Simonboyle08
Hi Ken,
Very nice work on the engines.
Do you work of plans for the engines?

No, i havn't done anything like plans. I started this engine project to help me learn the CAD software.

In school when I took "Drafting with AitoCAD" and "Engineering Graphics" a long time ago, they made me do projects like this from start to finish as a tool to learn the software. I decided that similar projects would help me transition to new software.

No, i havn't done anything like plans. I started this engine project to help me learn the CAD software.

In school when I took "Drafting with AitoCAD" and "Engineering Graphics" a long time ago, they made me do projects like this from start to finish as a tool to learn the software. I decided that similar projects would help me transition to new software.

Ok,

I wasn’t meaning do you do plans,

what reference material do you use?

Ok,

I wasn’t meaning do you do plans,

what reference material do you use?

I misunderstood :)

Most of my reference is from memory, though I occasionally have to look up a standard for a running clearance or similar.

I went to school for Engineering Technology, specializing in Mechanical Design and a mechanical power transmission equipment.

Mostly I reference www.engineersedge.com, or just do Google searches when I need something I can't remember, like a coefficient of volumetric expansion, or the shear strength of a material or similar.

Media information

Category
Machine Design
Added by
Ken226
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename