What's new
MG131 Rendering.17.jpg
Ken226

MG131 Rendering.17.jpg

I modeled this MG131 gun mount assembly for a friends radio controlled FW190A8. It mounts in the nose cowling, just forward of the cockpit. It will be 3d printed in sections, glued together, sanded, painted and electrical wires added to give a realistic look.
Nice piece of work, Ken. Just how big is the model? What kind of 3D printer do you have?

Thanks.

The model is 1/4 scale, so each gun is about 12 inches long.

My printer is a Voron 2.4 than I just built a couple months ago. Check out Mika's thread "Voron 2.4 building", in the 3d printing subforum. I posted a couple pics there back when I was building the printer.

I've owned and used a Flashforge Creator Pro for five years, and it has been a good, reliable and easy to use printer, but just makes projects like this way too hard, since the part has to be printed in so many peices, then glued together.

The Voron 2.4 is a hot rod. It was a very, very challenging build, but worth the effort.

I started a thread on Hobby Machinist when i started the Voron build. There were three of us that started building them, and so far I think i'm the only one who is finished. It's up to about 40 pages, but covers pretty much the woes, hiccups and headscratchers, from the beginning.

The Linux stuff sucked. :( That was like learning a new language, trying to get all the software working.

Luckily, between Hobby Machinist, Voron Discord and TeamFDM, I was able to figure it out.

Media information

Category
Machine Design
Added by
Ken226
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata

Filename