What's new

Recent content by Abhijit

1. Abhijit

Plasticity 3d - The new kid in the block

I'd just be super happy to have some Surfacing functionalities within Alibre. Not NX level, but atleast Solidedge/Solidworks/ZW3D level. <3
  2. Abhijit

KeyShot Going to Subscription - Oh Boy!

Yeah this was a really sad news when I saw it in my email. Hard to trust anything these days.
  3. Abhijit

KeyShot Going to Subscription - Oh Boy!

My no-sugarcoated opinion on the subject. I give Keyshot max 10 years. I respect it for the cool caustics sorcery that it does. But that's about it. Octane (Spectral-Unbiased), Redshift (Biased) & Vray (Biased) does it too. Luxion is delusional. Most of their target segment is ID Studios...
  4. Abhijit

Merry Christmas and a very prosperous year 2024

Merry Christmas and a very happy and productive New Year Alibre fam!
  5. Abhijit

With all due respect Miftachul, impossible. Some might say aah it's not class A just use Alias($12k/y), but to be honest for a $150 perpetual this slaps hard. [Modeled by Christian Zarkow Schweger] Nevertheless, this thread was my attempt to show different perspectives and inspirations for...
  6. Abhijit

It's interesting to see the curiosity in this thread and the market Plasticity was able to capitalize on. Plenty ditched Fusion etc and switched. My intent with the post was to highlight the same. I feel Alibre Atom could be that, with the experience of Alibre, no limitations raw direct...
  7. Abhijit

Alibre under Linux?

Hello! I appreciate your help! All these softwares were installed with their Native Linux builds. I tried Ubuntu LTS, Ubuntu Latest, Ubuntu Studio, PopOS and Rocky Linux (It's recommended by VFXReferencePlatform) Blender's popup settings windows were flickering when resizing, but that was...
  8. Abhijit

Alibre under Linux?

So I gave Linux another try again, last was 2012 afaik. Was really sick of windows being windows. I wanted to try if I could use Linux for my workstation PC, and get a Macbook as my main computer to remote into the workstation. All my pipeline either has a Mac version or a Linux version, just...
  9. Abhijit

Announcing Subscriptions

This is great, flexible options for a variety of use case scenarios. A request sir, if it's feasible to have a unified Online Store, to renew maintenance online or subscribe and get access within minutes as opposed to needing to contact resellers. UX wise, I have always found such an...
  10. Abhijit

Exactly! That's what I am low-key trying to say here. :p Imagine all that (which is no rocket science)(beginner friendly)(low learning curve)(targets markets beyond heavy-duty engineering ie. general purpose CAD) + Alibre Precision, ie. Alibre Atom. A fully featured fast and powerful direct...
  11. Abhijit

You've gotta give it a solid try, though you'll very soon find its not really built for as much precise/constrained/parametric workflows as we have in our MCAD tools, but still imo it's pretty solid for the intent. Maybe that experience can help us see Alibre through a different lens and...
  12. Abhijit

Hi @WillAdams . I saw you in the Plasticity Discord! Oh yes, that's what's really unique about Plasticity and it's vision, it's all about that Direct Modelling power. In my humble opinion, for the intent, it's really great because the powerful flexibility that is in shaping forms without...
  13. Abhijit

Hello @kritoke ! I hear you. Imo Plasticity is in no way in competetion with Alibre, since the core vision of Plasticity is to be a free flowing direct modeller for artists and designers, I don't think it will ever have Engineering features or even History Based modelling. That said, Plasticity...
  14. Abhijit

As a Generalist, working at the intersection of Art, Design and Engineering, unconstrained form/idea explorations has been an important and elementary part of my workflow. Which was the reason I was pulled towards Moi as a complementary tool to my main MCAD, Alibre. The freedom to ideate with no...
  15. Abhijit

Curious... How many using as a team vs. stand-alone

Single User (at the moment), I work as an Independent Concept-Industrial Design and CGI Contractor. Mechanical Engineer by education, I worked with Maruti Suzuki(Intern), Bosch and then an LED Lighting Startup before pivoting to working Independently. Ex-Autodesk Expert Elite for Fusion, now a...