What's new

Recent content by Acara

1. Acara

Turbulent Mouse Movement

I wanted to get an opinion on the mouse movement to rotate. I have it set to Shift + Middle Click to rotate around the model and for some reason it's always delayed and the mouse must move X amount before it starts rotating. Any suggestions? I really prefer this when not using my Space Mouse due...
  2. Acara

Hole tool useless??

Do you have hole data for SAE?
  3. Acara

Hole tool useless??

I'll give that a shot tonight, I think that may be the issue and admittedly I was curious if this would fix it.
  4. Acara

Hole tool useless??

When I extract the files to that location nothing happens, it won't even write over the one I messed around with. Is there a way to point it to a different file from within the application?
  5. Acara

Hole tool useless??

So I have to create each use case manually? There isn't a way that I can copy and paste code from the other forum post into a file in my appdata to reference?
  6. Acara

Hole tool useless??

How do you add presets to your hole tool? I noticed that I couldn't find the "alibre_unicode.phy" file to add stuff in from another thread I found.
  7. Acara

Assembly only sometimes update with changes made in other open windows

I was hoping that maybe it could be introduced in a service pack or at least maybe version 27. I created a poll in the suggestions section in the forum .
  8. Acara

Assembly only sometimes update with changes made in other open windows

@Max Are there plans to implement something to do this like a forced rebuild in version 26? I just ran into this problem being newer with the software.
  9. Acara

Hardware for a Design Engineer

I actually coughed up extra money and bought a thinkpad for $1300 tax and shipping included. It has an i9-10850h, 32GB of DDR4 RAM (upgradable to 128GB), a 2070 Super MaxQ and a 1TB SSD. I have a similar machine at work and the fans never even get to come on, the only difference is that mine at...
  10. Acara

If you had to choose between these 3 laptops what would it be? I’m having a very difficult time: $650 + $200 RAM Kit - MAINGEAR Vector 2: i7-10750h, RTX 2060, 16GB of RAM (I believe it is upgradable to 64GB for $200 in RAM kits) $740 - MAINGEAR Element 1/50 Launch Edition: i7-9750h, RTX 2070...
  11. Acara

MAINGEAR is sold by Microcenter similar to PowerSpec I believe. They sell pretty nice products, I have one of their giant mousepads.
  12. Acara

If you had to pick between a few machines like these what would it be in your opinion? Maingear's Element 15.6" with an RTX 2070 and i7 9th gen, a G5 Z Book 15", Asus ROG Zephyrus with a Ryzen 9 and RTX 2060 and a Lenovo Thinkpad P series with similar specs to the Z Book?
  13. Acara

I was looking at a similar one with a P2000 (seems to be the majority of them in my price range). I do really like the looks of the G5 and G6, they're not flashy like a gaming PC and are much more stable. I have an old Dell Precision 3510 and it also was plagued with a popular problem where it...
  14. Acara

I think that I would rather just shell out the extra and get something different. I have had problems since I bought this laptop a few months ago. It’s been nothing but driver problems and issues since so I would rather just alleviate the problem by getting a new one.
  15. Acara

Good afternoon all, I am looking to once again upgrade my laptop (currently the specs are in my signature) to a newer one. I have recently had some problems with the fans blowing constantly and not being able to change the speed of them for some reason so I think it is time for it to go. As far...