What's new

Recent content by albie0803

1. albie0803

Alibre Python shell addon source code and installer

You posted while I was still typing I think I know what it does but it definitely needs a "Getting Started" manual with detailed instructions on what it does, why we should use it, what the differences are and when to use one or the other, starting it, what NEEDS to be included and what is...
  2. albie0803

Updated Utilities (V2.1) with Rack and Pinion feature now in resources

Mine scanned clean (as expected). What anti-virus are you using?
  3. albie0803

Drawing - how to dimension from middle of line to middle of arc (SOLVED)

In reference to arc dimensions, if you are measuring a distance less than the radius of the arc, choose the inside option if you are measuring a distance greater than the radius of the arc, choose the outside option
  4. albie0803

How do you dimension a drawing?

Do you click the dimensioning button first and then move to the drawing view or do you click the drawing view first and then the button? My question is because I select the view and then the button, which restricts me to the selected view but if I click the button first then each view...
  5. albie0803

What do you use to manage File and Folder Versions? (Other than renaming versions...)

Yes, that's how I got it and work pays for it now. It was free until a few years back when the version I had was no longer be supported by windows, so we had to upgrade.
  6. albie0803

2D View Alignment Help... Please!!!

Or align selected center lines.
  7. albie0803

There is an issue with the Gleason bevel gear option. I ran the 20/40 set it defaults to and it worked but then I used 13/51 and the pinion has no flats on the tooth face. The crown seems ok though. 13 is the smallest standard pinion tooth count for Gleason
  8. albie0803

Opening an old part re-writes file, even when closing without saving

I don't know, but you could try opening the properties of the file and setting it to read only before opening it in Alibre.
  9. albie0803

Too Tall Toby Leaderboard

Yes! the precision got me on a practice build. I wasted 10 mins going over the model before it finally twigged. :rolleyes:
  10. albie0803

Looks Great! But are they Gleason, Brown and Sharpe or another flavour of bevel gear?
  11. albie0803

Creator Spotlight: WeekdayWeekend

what about finishing slightly oversized threads with a die nut?
  12. albie0803

Too Tall Toby Leaderboard

I joined yesterday and have now done 12 practise models and the one you were asking about. I got 1482.0358gm I'll never compete though, my brain isn't too good at 4am (my time)
  13. albie0803

Red dimensions in drawings - again.....

1 Using the section tool drops you into draw mode for the line as soon as you select the view to be sectioned. In fact, if you select the view and then the section tool, then you are ready to draw the line. 2 For tangent points, normally the theoretical intersection tool does all I need. Unless...