What's new

Recent content by Alexander

1. Alexander

Why does the 3d cube disappears all the time??

Same problem here, randomly disappears
  2. Alexander

Who here uses M-Files Vault?

I guess that explains it, thanks. Subscription model is out of the question for me. I didn't know an Alibre PDM was being developed. Has a timeline been shared?
  3. Alexander

Who here uses M-Files Vault?

I used to use it when it was with 3D System/Geomagic and can't think why I stopped, it must of been when it was no longer bundled with Alibre. I actually really want to use it again and even contacted Mfiles for a price, they never responded, probably only interested in supplying large...
  4. Alexander

Alibre Hiatus

That's exactly it, sorry I should of explained better. The new part is a replica. So you click the tool button, choose the part which then opens the save-as window and choose a new name. An example is if you arrayed a column with baseplates and then you need change one of the baseplates, in 2...
  5. Alexander

Alibre Hiatus

Thanks David ! I will have a look through the release history. Regarding the replace tool it doesn't quite work as I want it to. I want the replace dialog box to have another button alongside the search folder location named 'New' which would enable you to save a new part in the same folder and...
  6. Alexander

Alibre Hiatus

Hey all, Its been a while since I've used Alibre and visited the forum, I currently have version V22 and have a few projects on the horizon which would be completed with Alibre. What major updates have been useful since V22 up to V26, the drawing updates look good. One thing I always missed in...
  7. Alexander

How to read mass? [fixed]

Same problems here, mass way out. I have imported a coupling design into an assembly, the coupling has 5 parts all with the correct materials. When you look at the summary BOM all looks ok but when you turn the summary of it ways 130kg, should only weigh 40grams.
  8. Alexander

..........tumbleweed............ 'Shortly' on this side of the pond generally means PDQ. Please could we have an ETA?
  9. Alexander

No workaround for the COG though, a major problem for me at the moment. I would of thought a fix for this would of been issued within a few days. Not impressed, and not a Pro level reaction imo
  10. Alexander

Wise words Simon, I'm always too keen to get the latest version installed. The centre of mass is key to my project so I will have to export the assembly and use my Awfuldesk Inventor license to get the correct readings. I never learn.....:(
  11. Alexander

Now I have just discovered that I can't open my assemblies with V21, Aaaaagghhhhh !! Deadlines looming with defective tools is not what I need at the moment.....
  12. Alexander

I also contacted support regarding this bug and they are looking into it and is on the critical list. One thing I did ask was if the centre of mass was also affected, they said not and should be working fine. I am getting strange and inaccurate results for the centre of mass, therefore V21 is...
  13. Alexander

2D drafting options

Try Solid Edge 2d, its free last time I looked.
  14. Alexander

Drawing linetype scales when printing to PDF

Not sure how this has happened but since V21 was released all my linetype scales seem to be very fine. For example I have to change the hidden linetype to 2x to achieve the same dash-space-dash scale when printing to PDF. Anyone else getting this? Cheers
  15. Alexander

Changing Drawing Model Link - how?

Inventor has this feature, you can simply change the linked part/assembly and all dimensions etc update. I use it a lot and is very productive, would be nice feature for the future.