What's new

Recent content by bolsover

1. bolsover

10 Black Belt Moves in Alibre!

@Ex Machina Excellent video - pleased to note you have been using my gear generator!! David
  2. bolsover

Updated Utilities (V2.1) with Rack and Pinion feature now in resources

I've just added .rar and .exe to the GitHub release. The .rar and .zip just compressed versions of the .exe hopefully one of these will evade the windows defences! David
  3. bolsover

@Ken226, @albie0803, @DavidJ I'd like to offer a solution to the 'virus' issue but I don't think there is much I can do other than perhaps making a very small change to the code and recompiling in the hope it doesn't create a new checksum that defender or other AV solution thinks is a virus. I...
  4. bolsover

Another update.. V2.1 now available with Rack and Pinion feature + bug fixes.
  5. bolsover

Utilities for Alibre - Added rack and Pinion feature

Updated to Version 2.1.0.0 Added new rack and Pinion feature Documentation source code is now bundled with Add-on code Bug fix to generation of helical gears
  6. bolsover

Trigonometric Functions in the Equation Editor

As it happens, I'm working on an update to my utilities package to include a tool to generate rack and pinion gears. The utilities already has a tool to generate external spur/helical gears so the update just needs to generate the appropriate rack. As usual, a template file can be of great...
  7. bolsover

Trigonometric Functions in the Equation Editor

Save some time... Download my gear generator - it's part of the Utilities for Alibre Add-on. https://www.alibre.com/forum/index.php?resources/utilities-for-alibre.125/ I understand your pain with the equation editor! David
  8. bolsover

How to rename parts within a STP file Assembly

Interesting problem and one I considered when working on a 'Data Browser' (see Utilities for Alibre). I wanted a way of giving all my files consistent part numbers but did not want to go through all the files numbering individually. There is some more information on the part numbering feature...
  9. bolsover

Multiplying different types equation editor

I know this has been discussed before but personally, I'd much rather Alibre did not use dimensionality. My guess is that internally, Alibre uses Double, Integer and Boolean values with maybe the odd Floating point number for special occasions. I am quite able to convert from degrees to...
  10. bolsover

Utilities for Alibre - Version 2.0 - Added link to docs + bug fix

Not a lot new in this release but I have added a link to the documentation in the Help | About menu and from the Alibre Add-on manager. Bug fix - One more issue fixed in the generation of Gleason standard bevel gears.
  11. bolsover

Well - I really jumped in too early with V1.7 !! Just found and fixed a bug that would prevent Gleason standard bevel gears having pinion > 24 teeth from building correctly. Fixed in V1.8 Sorry all.
  12. bolsover

Utilities for Alibre - Version 1.8 Bug fix

Gleason standard bevel gears having pinion with > 24 teeth would not build correctly.
  13. bolsover

Just updated to Version 1.7 - See resources for more information.
  14. bolsover

Utilities for Alibre - Version 1.7 - Fix for errors in Gleason Bevel Gears

The prior release did not take the K Factor into consideration when generating Gleason style bevel gears having pinion tooth counts between 13 and 24 teeth. A fix for that issue is now in place. Published circular thickness factor (K) figures have been subject to regression analysis and modelled...