What's new

Recent content by chiefshoe

1. C

I need a PDF catalog in NF and UNF of Valves, fittings / pipes.

Perhaps one of these catalogs will help you out. https://issuu.com/murdockindustrial/docs/eaton_aeroquip_master_catalog_hydra. I Googled "Aeroquip"
  2. C

Preview picture of drawing files?

To all, thanks for the help - I just did a reinstall (actually) a " repair" as listed in the "Installer" and the icon problem went away and the previews returned. All is well.
  3. C

I have tried selecting medium, large and extra large thumbnail size but makes no difference - only see a generic icon. In the area to the right of the files icons I see a message stating no preview available. My drawing files date back for years and I have never seen the issue before. Of...
  4. C

Just fired up Ver 25 for the first time and noticed that when looking through my drawing folders to find drawing files, the preview picture of the selected drawing file is represented as a generic ico and not the actual drawing. I have to load the drawing file then close the file and go back to...
  5. C

Poll: PDF of Help?

As the Alibre program becomes more complex, I would appreciate a downloadable reference manual that I can print and keep able to use without bouncing back and forth between the "Help" online manual and my project. My request as far as the printable PDF goes, design the manual so it does not...
  6. C

Recent Files thumb nails

Just a thought concerning the "Recent Files - thumb nails"; is it possible to add a delete button to that screen. Once the space is filled and another drawing is opened, the oldest thumb nail is lost. I would like to be able to control which thumb nails are dropped once the space is full or be...
  7. C

What is the correct working version of Alibre?

Thanks for the heads up.. I just downloaded V23 (23050) from the website. For some reason I never got the notification that the final version was available.
  8. C

What is the correct working version of Alibre?

I am currently running V23 (23036). Is this the released update replacing V22 or is it still a Beta version of V23?. I see posts referencing the latest release V23 however my splash screen reflects V23 Beta. My registration information reflects V23 (23036) as if it is not a Beta version... I'm...
  9. C

Disappearing thread information after Boolean Combine

Attached are the part files I am using - Swing Arm2 is the "Blank" Flange is the "Tool" Swing Arm2A is the "Boolean Combine" missing the thread information but showing the holes. Also if the section view is generated in the Swing Arm2A screen, the section view shows the tread representation. I...
  10. C

Disappearing thread information after Boolean Combine

I may have discovered an issue in the Boolean Feature. I modeled two parts to be combined using the Boolean Combine Feature. One of the two parts had 2 threaded holes. Upon completing a successful "Boolean Combine" using the part with the 2 threaded holes as the "Tool" and the other part as...
  11. C

Poll - Screen Resolution / DPI

Desktop PC 1920 x 1080 100%
  12. C

Cam follower path constraint

There was talk at one time about being able to constrain a cam follower to a specific path. I would like to see a constraint that would allow a follower to track a cam lobe, a slot or groove produced by using the "sweep command". The path to consist of a shape other than a straight line or a circle.
  13. C

Missing feature from update V21

Thanks for the info...
  14. C

Missing feature from update V21

Just curious, unless I have missed something, what is the status of the graphic thread representation feature that was going to be offered in the V21 package? I know there was problems with it in the Beta version and Max announced that due to technical problems it was removed from V21 release...
  15. C

Visual spur gear rotation V21

Thanks for the info. Problem solved... I must have constrained the shafts when using the Beta Version because I remember the gear rotation was shown correctly.