What's new

Recent content by dammerel

1. D

Exploded views moving assemblies

Hi all when doing an explosed view is there a way of moving a whole sub-assembly as one item not as individual parts? I may be missing something but I try picking the assembly in the view but it only picks the individual parts then I tried picking it from the tree but that did not work Thanks...
  2. D

Can't edit SM flange length.

David, thanks, that fixed it Andrew
  3. D

Can't edit SM flange length.

Hi All, why cant I after creating a flange edit the length - in the screen shot the value is "greyed" out Thanks Andrew
  4. D

Sketches visible after feature

Max, I made the sketches. If I hide (Ctrl+shift+K toggles sketch visibility) then all the sketches and new sketches are hidden if you make sketches visible, it becomes confusing with all the sketches.. does that make sense? I never noticed this behavouus on previous versions - maybe I am wrong...
  5. D

Sketches visible after feature

Hi all, I am sure if this was an issue in previous versions, but after a sketch is consumed by a feature should the sketch be hidden See screen shot below, the red lines and the sketches
  6. D

Sheetmetal miter flange problem

Great thanks for the help
  7. D

Sheetmetal miter flange problem

Hi All I am trying to put a miter flange around this edge on all 4 sides as per the pic attached I am doing something wrong as I can't seem to get it to work Thnaks Andrew
  8. D

Solidworks - latest offer

DouglassJ Yes, I like SW, but a user put me onto Solid Edge CE - have a look at it. Full features include 2d drawings, assembly, sheet metal, and simulation I have stopped my SW subscription and will use SE for a while to evaluate, so far it is great and easy UI to use. I redraw some old...
  9. D

Garrit, Thanks for the tip with Solid Edge CE. Great product, has all needed components e.g. 2d drawings (with sections, details, broken lines, export to dwg), assembly, simulation, sheet metal Just spending the afternoon going thru the included videos and tutorials. I like the nice and neat UI...
  10. D

That's interesting Mika, where did you read that? I guess the same can be said about CAD software, all different file formats I always try to save finished projects as format neutral, like STEP, and even finished 2d drawings as DWG
  11. D

These files are saved locally (no difference to Alibre) or you can save them in the cloud (which I don't like) The price works out to about $150 per year. I agree I stayed away from Fusion 360 for the reason that the files are kept in the cloud At least with SolidWorks, you can save locally...
  12. D

All, out of interest have you seen the latest offer from Solidworks, $16.48 AUD per month for full version 3DEXPERIENCE SOLIDWORKS for Makers - Collaborative Industry Innovator - 3D Sculptor - Collaborative Business Innovator - 3D Creator - NC Shop Floor Programmer - 3DEXPERIENCE SOLIDWORKS...
  13. D

Alibre Atom3D Crosshair style

I prefer the smaller crosshair would be nice if the option could be given
  14. D

Alibre Atom3D Crosshair style

Hi All Anyone know of a setting to change the ""big"" crosshair style in atom3d to the Alibre Design ""smaller" style? Andrew
  15. D

Atom Mode or code

I have atom3d, would be nice to have a switch to full alibre so I could give advice to users on how to use the full version. Andrew