What's new

Recent content by danwilley

1. danwilley

More Red Ink

David - I just tried changing two dimensions on the cylinder head part. The part changed on the drawing but the dimension did not. So I suppose that means the dimensions are truly disassociated. See the attached screen shot. I changed the OD (top of drawing) from 3.25" to 3.5", and the ID...
  2. danwilley

More Red Ink

Ok, I tried doing the delete/undelete on individual dimensions and on the entire view with no avail. I did notice that Lew posted that suggestion twelve years ago and he or someone said Alibre was working on it at that time. Apparently Alibre gave up. Too bad. To illustrate the size of this...
  3. danwilley

More Red Ink

Hi Nate, Yes I am aware of the retarget function added in V26 last year. I have used it several times to fix dimensions that have disassociated because I added a chamfer or made a change. I get that. But, this is something completely different. The entire drawing has failed. And not only the...
  4. danwilley

More Red Ink

Ok, here we go again. I found this thread (my thread) from April of 2022 and have more of this disassociated dimension issue on drawings that I have not touched since 2021. They were fine when I created them in 2021. I am guessing the models and drawings were created with Alibre V25. I now have...
  5. danwilley

Problems with Alibre software caused by Grammarly

I recently had a problem with mouse clicks not working on the “Replace Component” dialog for an assembly I am working on. It turns out that Grammarly was the culprit, as described in this thread. Back story: My old Intel I5 (gen 1) system running Windows 10 finally died. That said, I ran...
  6. danwilley

Inserted Node not selectable?

This isn't exactly the same but... a few weeks ago, I was finishing a 2D drawing (let's call it "A") adding a few more dimensions. I switched to another drawing (different part) doing the same... tweaking dimension positions, adding a few, and cleaning up. When I switched back to drawing "A" to...
  7. danwilley

More Red Ink

Today I opened a drawing file that I last touched about 9 months ago. All I wanted to do was create a PDF of the two-sheet drawing and print it. When I opened the drawing, the second sheet's dimensions were all red/broken. The dimensions are correct, they are just red. When I completed this part...
  8. danwilley

Corrupted Degrees Symbol - Problem Solved

Nate… yes. Alibre, PDFSam, Adobe are all located on the same Windows PC desktop. All files are local and are not remote. My Windows system has all the latest updates, as does Alibre, PDFSam and Adobe. I print to a network attached printer.
  9. danwilley

Ok, I opened the PDF with Adobe and do not have the problem so problem solved! I use "PDFSam Enhanced V7" (and "PDFSam Visual") to combine and rearrange several Alibre generated PDF multi-sheet drawing files to create a single combined drawing packet file... to send to a client. PDFSam is good...
  10. danwilley

David M - I am using Alibre V24 Build 24043. I am also using the Arial font. Date: Friday, February 25, 2022 2:17:29 PM Alibre Design™ Expert Version: V24 64-bit [Build 24043] David J - I am using the built-in PDF writer to generate the PDF files. Not sure if it matters but I...
  11. danwilley

I have a drawing that contains several marked angles (draft angles on a casting pattern). When I create a PDF of the drawing, the "degrees" symbol is changed to an "infinity" symbol. See the attached screen clips showing the correct symbol within Alibre and the corrupted symbol from the PDF...
  12. danwilley

Renaming Global Parameters ?

Is there a way to rename a global parameter, and all parts that use that parameter will also update automatically with the new name? Thanks, Dan
  13. danwilley

Multiple instances of Alibre - Startup race condition.

"And be careful not to double-click." Yes, but unless multiple instances are allowed, Alibre's start-up code should guard against multiple instances of the program ever launching, regardless of the cause.
  14. danwilley

Memory Leak - Windows Task Manager Screenshots

Others have also noted this memory problem. As I work on complex assemblies for hours at a time, Alibre's runtime memory footprint grows and grows until the available memory is consumed and Windows starts swapping out (things) to its swap file... and system performance just slows to a crawl...
  15. danwilley

Multiple instances of Alibre - Startup race condition.

I just had another instance of having two Alibre's running at the same time. A week or so ago both Alibre's had the same part file open. I worked on the part, saved the part, and closed Alibre. The second Alibre was still open with the same part file. I closed Alibre #2 and the part did not ask...