What's new

Recent content by Dave H

1. Dave H

Fusion 360 file - How to edit?

Draw a line from each end of one of the 180 degree segments. Measure from the midpoint of that line.
  2. Dave H

Printing a name on a radius

Sorry, I interpreted this as him wanting to put text on the outside of a cylindrical radius (diameter).
  3. Dave H

Printing a name on a radius

Is the Wrap feature not available in Atom?
  4. Dave H

AD V24 vs AD 2018 Performance

Hey All, I have used AD since 2011. I stopped my maintenance in 2018 due to the fact I retired and do not use AD very often, nor do I make any money with it anymore. At least not at this moment. You never know. I have been through the new feature list for V24/V25 vs 2018. Some I can see my self...
  5. Dave H

Rotated slots through a tube

Ahh, must have missed that little detail.
  6. Dave H

With the help of you both I was able to get this done! Rust and all. I did it the way Harold first showed due to my lack of sheet metal skills. Only thing I was not able to do as Harold did is to circular copy the helical cut. That did not show up in my Design Explorer. So I had to insert two...
  7. Dave H

This idea went through my mind also, but having done very little with the sheet metal metal I really didn't know where to start or how to place the slots in the flat pattern so they come out right when rolled.
  8. Dave H

Thank you Harold. Your video example is exactly what I want to do. Everything you did on the video I can do in 2018. In fact, that was maybe going to be my next attempt. I was just hoping there was a better way rather than going the boolean route. I got it mostly done using the helical cut, but...
  9. Dave H

Been away from Alibre for a while and I'm rusty (and older!) I've been trying to figure out how to model two rotated slots 180 degrees apart through a piece of tubing. The ends of the slots have to be rounded as if the slots were cut with an end mill. (cuz they will be) They have to line up so a...
  10. Dave H

Security Risk warning - fixed, yay

For me, it continues.........
  11. Dave H

Alibre SWAG

Do the coffee mugs have the printing on both sides? For us leftys??
  12. Dave H

Ball End dowel pins

Maybe? EssentiaIndustrialSupply.com has a similar component to the below. https://www.carrlane.com/en-us/product/locators/locating-pins/bullet-nose-pins/bullet-nose-round-pins
  13. Dave H

Stretching a "dumb" part

Direct Edit > Push/Pull Face Or Sketch Choose face of rail. Input the distance you want to move it.
  14. Dave H

Alibre low cost version

Noticed "Quick" constraints only. No "Standard" constraints option?
  15. Dave H

AlibreCAM Basic

Check your Inbox.