What's new

Recent content by DavidJ

1. DavidJ

Set default drawing dimension styles

As Harold says - customise your template, or better still make your own customised version. Either save your custom template to somewhere other than the Alibre templates directory, or make sure to make an archive copy as the default templates get replaced with each new version.
  2. DavidJ

Different Measurement in Model and Drawing

The 2D drawing dimensions show the projected length of the line, so dimensioning any non orthogonal projection will give answers which don't match the 3D model.
  3. DavidJ

Transformation matrix has scaling that doesn't match the STEP file.

Please tread carefully - a response which is not relevant to the original question might be confusing and hence create extra difficulty. As a minimum perhaps add some extra context if straying from the subject, so everyone is clear what is happening.
  4. DavidJ

Update changed part in an assembly

Simplest answer is Save All As - though there can be some aspects to be aware of. After saving all the (linked) files to a new location, you can then edit as needed.
  5. DavidJ

Imported files will already have their own model units which Alibre will follow. I'm not at all experienced with the API or many of the internal workings, I've just learned things over many years (mainly from a user perspective) and have needed to be able to check what the model units are when...
  6. DavidJ

May or may not be relevant to your issue. Alibre only uses cm as Model Units for natively created files. If files are based on an imported file, the Model Units of that file will determine Alibre's model units for subsequent activity with that file. So whilst often true, it is not safe to...
  7. DavidJ

Trying to edit an imported step file

Direct editing tools are described in Help - https://help.alibre.com/articles/#!alibre-help-v27/features-standard-features-direct-editing Only available in Pro/Expert
  8. DavidJ

You won't be able to stretch ballscrews, the 'move face' command only does what the name suggests - it won't extend a thread. For coupling nuts, all you need is an extruded hexagon to give an approximation of the nut, probably quicker to model it than to find one on line. To shorten items, a...
  9. DavidJ

Thanks Miles - I tried again, had to drag a bit to extend before I could drag to shrink length. [EDIT - even an F5 regenerate did the trick]
  10. DavidJ

There's something odd about those 'fillets' at ends of the nut. 'Remove Face' on those fillets would usually leave a 'squared off' end (which could then be pushed/pulled) - but with that file it leaves holes in the model. It might well be faster to just take some measurements from the file and...
  11. DavidJ

Open Loops That Are Not Open? (But Still Break Things)?

Rather old, and the view of the UI is outdated, but this video covers key points.
  12. DavidJ

Open Loops That Are Not Open? (But Still Break Things)?

You can't have lines that are shared between loops in sketches. You image shows 3 rectangles with 2 shared lines.
  13. DavidJ

How to Use a Parameter for Instance Count in Linear Pattern?

Use a feature pattern instead of a sketch repeat. Sketch repeats are set on creation and can't be edited afterwards. Feature patterns can be edited whenever you wish and linked to other parameters.
  14. DavidJ

I'm confused - constraints and dimensions

Gregg, we can tell more if you post the file containing the sketch - for example we can check which figures each constraint applies to.
  15. DavidJ

I'm confused - constraints and dimensions

0.37° (the leading zero is suppressed due to preference settings). Lots of training material available in this beginner course https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_kZpYHsPiVyRSG9o9pEl5BuUsPlj3Nbf