What's new

Recent content by DDoerschuk

1. D

Extra Vertical Spacing within Notes in Drawing.

Ralf and HaroldL, Perfect answers! Switching to regular Cambria did the trick. Thank you both very much for your time and expertise! Dave
  2. D

Extra Vertical Spacing within Notes in Drawing.

Hi, I'm having a problem in the 2D drawing editor. When I try to write a Note, there is a lot of extra blank spacing inserted at the bottom. I've attached a small snip of the drawing and the Note Editor. Can someone help me get rid of this extra space? Thank you! Dave
  3. D

Assembly Boolean is not creating a .SAT file it seems to need to process

Hello Stefan, Thank you very much for your excellent answer! I changed over from using the Assembly Boolean Tool to the Part Boolean Tool, and the Part Boolean Tool worked perfectly. I will open a ticket on the Assembly Boolean Tool; it definitely used to work - I have used it before...
  4. D

Assembly Boolean is not creating a .SAT file it seems to need to process

I'm using an Assembly Boolean to create a mold cavity in Alibre V25. When I am done selecting the Blanks and Tools, then hit OK, a messasge window opens saying: Messages Could not find file 'C:\Users\ddoerschuk\AppData\Local\Temp\Assembly_Boolean_(2).SAT'. When I looked in the...
  5. D

Tools to aid in building complex sprues (trees)

I'm preparing a prototype run of about 50 sets of a six-part device in SLS. The device is small, and so the 50 sets will fit within the printer's bounding box. I've found a compact geometry to pack the six parts, and am now making the sprues (trees) to hold the parts together. Then, all 50...
  6. D

"Save As" sub-window size and readability

Terrific! Man, talk about speedy service! Thank you very much! David
  7. D

Thanks very much to all for your kind replies. As suggested, I've opened a support ticket on alibre.com, the case number is 00070167, including the information that the V23 installation language and the OS language are both English. I will post results for all to see. Best regards, David
  8. D

This is hopefully not the most interesting question anyone reads today! Shown below is the result in Alibre v23 on Windows 10 executing a "Save As" request. On the larger window, I've selected the top left icon that self-identifies as "Copy data from Selected Item to Other Items". This brings...
  9. D

Flat Washer (disc) with a periodic wave on the OD

Oldbelt, Thank you so much! This is much more than a suggestion or a pointer, you have actually completed the part for me! I have saved your part and examined all the individual elements; I understand how you accomplished it. I am certain that if I need to make changes in the design I will...
  10. D

Hi Ralf, Thank you very much for the search string suggestion! There is indeed a lot of helpful posts on this subject. Best regards, Dave
  11. D

Alibre Cognoscenti, I want to make a part similar to a wave washer. It's a disc, located in the XY plane. Thickness: 5 mm OD: 200 mm Center Hole diameter: 30 mm The disc is completely flat from the center point out to a radius of 50 mm,. From the 50 mm radius circle, out to the edge of the...
  12. D

Imported .DWG drawing of map: new Alibre dim & label text much too small

Thank you all very much for the Draftsight suggestion! I have been running it now for the last 2+ weeks, and it has done an admirable job of replacing my Autocad needs. Terrific suggestion; thanks very much! David
  13. D

Harold, It turns out you were dead right. I opened a ticket with Alibre and here is their response: Alibre Design would normally produced scaled 2D drawings from an actual size 3D model. In the absence of a 3D model, imported DWG/DXF data can be used - but it is treated as being actual size...
  14. D

Harold, Thank you very much for your reply. I came from early pre-v12 AutoCAD and I recall managing the text size as you mention. Really, though, I think that after all this time we should have moved beyond this. A 12 point font should look like 12 point whether we're in the fixed space of a...
  15. D

My work is almost all with parts measuring much less than a cubic meter. Today, however, I needed to import a .DWG Autocad plat map into Alibre. The map is of an land area measuring 350 feet east/west and 450 feet north/south. The new 2018 importing facility worked perfectly with units set to...