What's new

Recent content by dwc

1. dwc

Moving, rotating a part created in an assembly

In the assembly explorer, tight click on the part. There the part can be anchored or un-anchored. When un-anchored, the part can be constrained.
  2. dwc

Lofting with 3D Guide Curves - Fails

I can't open your files as I have an older version, but am wondering if it would produce a better result to loft round to round and then afterwards cut the portion you don't want to create the flat side.
  3. dwc

Make a drawing of 2 assemblies with some parts hidden... is possible?

Aha, drawing view, I found it. I knew I was just missing something. Thanks for your help Ken and David.
  4. dwc

Thanks for the tip, but that is unfortunately not working for me.
  5. dwc

I am trying to make a comparison of two assemblies. I have put them both in another assembly and want to make a drawing with dimensions to highlight the differences. Should be no problem. Unfortunately I need to hide one part in each assembly and I have not been able to find a way to get the...
  6. dwc

What do you use to manage File and Folder Versions? (Other than renaming versions...)

I used to use FileHamster, which was inexpensive and easy to use. It is unfortunately no longer being supported, and that since Win8.1
  7. dwc

Cutting a part into two parts

I am not sure where your problem lies. As you say it is very simple, just not exactly the same as some other program. Add the plane on which you want to cut to the part. Make two configurations of your part. In one configuration you do a extrude cut from one side of the plane, in the other...
  8. dwc

How do I hide the object itself to see only the sketch

Can you help us with an upload of a part and the case where this happens. I am puzzled, I use AD since V12, a long time ago, and have never had this problem.
  9. dwc

Project to Sketch Usage

I want all my parts to be in themselves fully defined. I do project to get existing geometry, but that is then defined so that each part is independent of the others.
  10. dwc

Is AutoRegenerate OFF Working Correctly?

As I understand it from what I see, the assembly parts are always immediately updated, but the assembly constraint system is not called when AutoRegenerate is off.
  11. dwc

Updated collection of utilities ready for download

Hi Bolsover, Thanks for these utilities. A question to the cycloidal gear generator. Do these forms correspond to any of the NIHS norm cycliodal forms ? When I order gears or gear cutters they will always be according to one of the norms. I only really worry that the tip diameter of what I...
  12. dwc

Is there a way to default to Maintain Association with Project to Sketch?

What works for you may not be that which works for others. I would be clicking to uncheck every time. I would accept having the last state carried over as a good compromise.
  13. dwc

UI Feedback requested :D

"Many dialogs today are haphazardly laid out and contain various dialog states simultaneously, showing inputs that are not available to use but offering no suggestion as to why. A goal is to make inputs completely self-evident. A simple example on Extrude is the Offset input, which is grayed out...
  14. dwc

VOTE: Do you use the Spinners?

Nudging without a spinner is a real pain.
  15. dwc

Watching and Performing Actions on Bolts!

It looks to me like your printer need maintenance. You can see in the picture that there is a seam in the outer edge of the foot also and there the start and end of the edge do not seem to be at the same place. It looks to me like you have some slop in the XY plane of your machine that needs...