What's new

Recent content by Iam_second

1. I

Assign a mass to a 3rd party assembly

Hi Ralf. How do I assign the weight for an imported part(assembly) to the mass value that will be used to calculate total weight and the center of mass?
  2. I

Thanks Ex Machina. I do that fo rindividual parts.
  3. I

Is there a way to assign a mass to an imported third party part or assembly? I know the weight of the part, such as a motor, but I can't use the material properties fo rthe right density of all the parts that make up the motor.
  4. I

Cannot make subassembly flexible

After insert the assembly, shown in blue, and I try to make it "flexible", I get the error Cannot make flexible because compoent"EOAT Concept2" contains inter design relationship. What is the cause of this? I don't have any feature "feature mirror" on any of the sub parts.
  5. I

Memory Leak?

Thanks Simon. Do you know if this is bsing looked at? For now, I just exit Alibre and restart.
  6. I

Memory Leak?

I exited Alibre after I noticed it slowing down. When I looked in Task Manager Alibre appeared as a background task using 3,930 MB. The model that I was working is not that big (554MB when I openned it up again). What is going on? I am running version Alibre Design™ Expert Version: V26 64-bit...
  7. I

Mirror 3D Sketch

Thanks Dave, I'll do that.
  8. I

Mirror 3D Sketch

Is there a way to mirror a 3D sketch by picking a plane?
  9. I

Inventor Conversion

Thanks Simon... I will try to see if they can save the file in a previous version.
  10. I

Inventor Conversion

It is a brand new version of Inventor and yes the part itself was created on 5/22/2022. When I try to open the file I get message that says: System NullFileReferenceException. Object reference not set to an instance of an object sta alibre_server.com alibre design prc: PRCConverter...
  11. I

Inventor Conversion

I thought Alibre was able to open Inventor files directly.
  12. I

Inventor Conversion

Hi Ralf... How did you open it to convert it to a STEP file?
  13. I

Inventor Conversion

Is there a way to convert Inventor files (IPT and IAM) for Alibre Design. Attached is an IPT file that I cannot open. Thanks...
  14. I

V25 - Some aspects of UI performance are visibly not as good as V24

Is there a paper or outline on the do's & don'ts for proper design techniques for assemblies? I stumbled through problems with top assemblies fixing broken constraints in sub-assemblies, anchored parts, and undoing patterns in sub-assemblies so that the top assembly was able to be made flexible.
  15. I

V25 - Some aspects of UI performance are visibly not as good as V24

I have had the same thing happen where Alibre slows down and hangs up. I open Task Manager and see that Alibre is using a massive amount of memrory. I end that process and I see amother instance of Alibre running even thoigh I killed the first instance and there is nothing on my screen. I kill...