What's new

Recent content by JamesMC

1. JamesMC

serious problem

I have had a similar issue, turned out to be weirdness with reference geometry in a sketch within one part, that was getting longer every time it was regenerated. I nuked the reference geometry, and redid the sketch, which sorted the problem. It was a bit of a pain in the a$$ to find which part...
  2. JamesMC

v27 is out - check this post if you have a laptop.

Yes, just checked that, the only one running is GPU0 which is the P3200, and waving things around in Alibre only uses GPU0. Apparently Win10 has worked this time! Yay Microsoft...:rolleyes:
  3. JamesMC

I have my laptop set to use the graphics card exclusively for everything, and V27 didn't change that setting at all. I'm not sure if Win10 can have configurations for exe's? If it can I have never done that! Ps: I should make my signature show Alibre version number and computer specs etc...
  4. JamesMC

I'm on a WIn 10 laptop, and updating to V27 didn't change the settings from V26. :)
  5. JamesMC

drawing a sheet metal box with slanted sides

I always send a 1:1 DXF when sending anything for laser cutting, as well as a drawing, that way it's my fault if its wrong!
  6. JamesMC

Suppressing assembly feature V26

Yes, that would be quite handy.
  7. JamesMC

V24 issues

I have had the same issue with some drawings, seemingly its usually older ones that take the longest to open, however one 12 page drawing I did in V23 was very quick to open. Maybe something in the way parts were done in an older version causes the issue?
  8. JamesMC

Delete buttons

Right clicking in the list window in the measuring tool popup brings up a menu with "clear all" and "remove selected items". It's very handy for when there is no whitespace visible, or you have derp selected the wrong thingamabob.
  9. JamesMC

Poll - Screen Resolution / DPI

1920x1080 @100% Laptop screen 2560x1440 @100% External monitor
  10. JamesMC

Need some feedback on realtime preview

I've never used the # of edges faces or vertices either, so de-clutter away!!
  11. JamesMC

Sheet Metal - Flange Error

I got it to work another way as well, I edited the flange before sketch so the top of the flange is parallel to the reference geometry, seems to work fine. Not sure if its 100% what you're after.
  12. JamesMC

Sheet Metal - Flange Error

Weird, I checked the trim side bends option on the flange before the one that's failing, and it worked.o_O
  13. JamesMC

Default material for new models

FYI, mine defaults to no material, not sure if that relevant or not.
  14. JamesMC

How to read mass? [fixed]

Yes, and even weirder its only some imported stp files. I have some castor models imported from the manufacturer which work fine, both in their own assembly and when used as a sub-assembly. But some bolts whose weight is correct on their own yet when assembled into fastener assemblies are...