What's new

Recent content by KMoffett

1. K

Tracing images

Ahhh! Now I see a problem. The Tracing function requires that the display "not" be in the "Legacy Display" mode. If I un-check that, the car image appears. However, there is a warning that AlibreCAM requires that you need to have the Legacy Display box checked.
  2. K

Tracing images

Interesting...In the image blocks of Recent Files the car shows up in the block for your file. But not if I open it. ????
  3. K

Tracing images

I just get a rectangle from your file. Alibre Design™ Expert Version: V22 64-bit [Build 22053]
  4. K

Using alibre for circuit diagrams and printed circuits

I too tried Eagle years ago and hated it. I've been using ExpressPCB. Free! Big library. Easy to create or modify symbols for schematics, and components for PCBs. The PCB layout is linked to the schematic. They have their own dedicated PCB foundry. But they will sell you the Gerber files if you...
  5. K

Considering return to Alibre from Fusion 360 - questions.

Aspire has built in CAM. I assume Fusion does to. What CAM would you use with Alibre Design? .
  6. K

Drawing-Sketch-Scale?

I scale from photos all the time. Place a metal scale very close to the object to be scaled. I like a metric metal scale, because it's easier to calculate reductions or enlargements in decimals. Photo of the object to be scaled is made. I use a flat bed scanner, or a camera photo from a...
  7. K

News from Nuclear Fusion!

The only thing I can see that's relevant to CAD this video: Wendelstein 7-X – from concept to reality
  8. K

Is there a bisect (half) angle tool?

Just a thought. Draw your two outside lines. Dimension their included angle and copy that number. Draw the bisecting line, approximately centered. Dimension the angle between the bisecting line an either outside line. In that dimension box paste the copied angle plus "/2" to get the half angle...
  9. K

v21 is now live

Tried to upgrade from V19 to V21 via the "Utilities" and "Check for updates". Looked like it was starting to work, then it errored, saying that it needed to be to run as administrator (not a quote, did not do a screen print). There was no option to select administrator. I then downloaded the...
  10. K

Milling taper with AlibreCAM

Yup. I replaced the Chamfer with Draft and it worked fine. Is this for a casting pattern? I wondered because of the scaling. Ken
  11. K

Just tried to make your base plate. My Z zero in the top. I used the base as one sketch, the large hole as a second sketch, and the screw holes as third sketch. Used chamfer to create the taper. Guessed on the dimensions. In AlibreCAM I Profiled the large hole to remove most of the material...
  12. K

Did you Scale the part to create a taper?
  13. K

New AlibreCAM 2020 coming

During a recent Mecsoft Webinar on a new nesting function in the new CAM 2020 for Rhino and Visual, I asked about a CAM 2020 version for Alibre. Joe said they are looking at a March release. Interesting change. New functions like Nesting are available only to people on current Maintenance...
  14. K

What is file size limit for upload to the forum??

.xls and .xlxs EXCEL spreadsheet files?
  15. K

DXF Files

I exported an Alibre Design drawing in all the .dxf formats shown in bigseb's post #4. I was able to import all into Aspire, though the AutoCad 14 gave me an error: "Cannot set CTABLESTYLE to that value. Do you want to continue processing the file? Yes...No" Pressing Yes continues the import...