What's new

Recent content by M00m137

1. M00m137

PDM update?

Yeah, I heard that too. Checking daily now. Okay, well, twice today. Fine, possibly it was three times.
  2. M00m137

PDM update?

I'm watching this too... my M-Files renewal is ticking nearer...
  3. M00m137

What do you use for Draft Analysis?

? I *am* the industrial designer. I am applying draft as part of the design process. I want to check I am applying it to the correct surfaces, and in the correct direction (I'm sure as toolmakers you've seen designers get that wrong - I know our toolmakers have!). Alibre doesn't have the...
  4. M00m137

Thanks! I'll investigate
  5. M00m137

Visualizing draft is a really handy tool, especially for complicated split lines and surfaces. We don't do a lot of moulded parts, so a 3rd party tool seems overkill, but it's something I miss from Creo.
  6. M00m137

Who here uses M-Files Vault?

This is really interesting. I've only just heard about this Alibre PDM, but we are M-Files users and we'll be watching this with great interest, Our design release process means we don't need to give access to other departments (who are all using Windows folders for document control ) so an...
  7. M00m137

Redefining the plane a sketch is attached to

+1 for this. Creo has the same functionality - very useful if (like me) you change your mind about the position of features on a regular basis. Especially if you foolishly put a sketch on the root xyz planes.
  8. M00m137

3D connexion On the fly rotation center point too.

Agreed. It didn't seem to matter which option I chose to change it to, it seemed like the act of changing it was important. I also found that with big assemblies (or not even that big, really - 20 or so parts) the act of changing the rotation point seemed to slow Alibre right down, to the point...
  9. M00m137

Oops - thanks David. That does seem to have fixed it. The odd thing is that the original rotation point was nowhere near any of those three options. I can only surmise that at some point I brought in a part and placed it a long way away from the assembly, and Alibre set a rotation point while...
  10. M00m137

Not sure if this is the same problem or not, but - how does Alibre (25 now) choose the rotation point when using a spaceball (or whatever pretentious name 3dconnexion have for their latest offering)? Because it's weird. typically the rotation centre point will be outside the model, typically...
  11. M00m137

showing bulk items in a BoM

<hope> Don't suppose anyone has scripted this yet? </hope>
  12. M00m137

Altering BOM Quatities

I'm still moaning about this. Paints, lubricants, cables, ropes, adhesives (and shims too, obviously)... WHY can't I edit the quantities without dumping the live link to the model for everything else? Come on, guys. I've posted it as a change request, but I don't think anyone ever looks at that...
  13. M00m137

Can I change the color of one face on a part?

This would be a useful feature - I have a coatings supplier asking me for a colour coded model of which faces I require coating. Will have to revert back to the old CAD system to do it - grrr.
  14. M00m137

Labels, decals, and how to bring image in a drawing to the top?

Hi all, Representing parts with labels on in Alibre is a bit of a pain. Can anyone suggest a method? I tried using the "Sheets and Views ->Image" to superimpose the artwork over the part view - nasty, but it works... oh, except it doesn't because the artwork sits BEHIND the part view! Makes...
  15. M00m137

showing bulk items in a BoM

Thanks jsturty45, that all sounds very familiar - exactly what I was doing in my previous CAD system. "A/R" is precisely what I would be using, if I could get the dratted thing to accept it. In this particular situation I was using a blank assembly (not sure why), which didn't seem to go down...