What's new

Recent content by Markaj

1. M

Annoying crashes

I feel it must be to do with the references in ext 2 not updating or becoming invalid at some point in the development of the part. The real issue is that an issue/conflict can continue lurking in the background and then rear its ugly head & bite you in the bum when you least need it. Yes...
  2. M

Annoying crashes

So - are you saying that if a bit of geometry that is referenced has changed, say an edge, the feature that uses wont fail per se, but will just change its reference and move or alter? A bit like in Inventor maybe where it will tell you references have failed - but here it doesn't tell you? It...
  3. M

Annoying crashes

Yep its bizarre!
  4. M

Annoying crashes

Enclosed. But that behaviour you have found is exactly what has been happenning. Random failure or misbehaving of features on a couple of parts.
  5. M

Annoying crashes

BTW this is another random error that pops up from time to time when I use the measure tool. I just click OK & carry on I'm afraid.
  6. M

Annoying crashes

Hi stepalibre - its the global parameters file, but it will open without them and behave in just the same manner.
  7. M

Annoying crashes

Hmm well it appears to be a couple of rogue components in the assembly that behave strangely & basically throw everything after they go nuts. Have a look at the part 'Body' it looks fine on opening - and is. However if you go to edit any sketch, extrusion 2 (the back panel) realigns itself to a...
  8. M

Annoying crashes

Well all crashes are annoying, but I'd like to know what causes this↓↓; Its Expert V27, on a 2022 Dell i7 laptop, 16GB RAM, Windows 11, with a secondary monitor. It randomly happens, sometimes something to do with working on a part in an assembly. Sometimes a part does odd things, like an...
  9. M

Constraining/modeling a cam follower?

In the good old days of drawing boards & pencils you used to have to work out the lift of a cam follower in relation to the angular revolution of the cam. Presumeably you could do it this way, by knowing lift v angle and using global parameters/spreadsheet to create the cam profile & follower...
  10. M

Who here uses M-Files Vault?

I do use it & have done for a good many years. I keep all project related files on it; 2D CAD, modelling, costing, rendering, parts libraries, any other documentation etc etc. As well as finding the vault filing system invaluable. However I am hoping an alternative will turn up as it is...
  11. M

M files woes...

Hi David, I'm afraid I can't find the licence details unless its the same as my original geomagic one that it came with (2014)? and the installer may be in the Mfiles folder? The backup is simply a copy of the vault on a USB HD. All files were checked in. Server & client were on the same...
  12. M

M files woes...

So, I have been using the Mfiles vault which came with Alibre since 2014 without any serious hiccups, until a couple of weeks ago. Essentially, an overdue update to Windows 10 resulted in the computer being wiped. I have a backup of the files - and on it there is the Mfiles folder with what...
  13. M

Annoying glitch...

Just wondering this look this likely to be a graphics card issue or just another thing to work around? The model is a boolean addition of a solid part & a sheetmetal curve with the lettering on it. Its to indicate some engraved text on the inside curve of a part. The model seems ok, but the...
  14. M

Color and hatching in DXF exports

Again, this would be better done as a final edit to the dxf files in 2d cad before you pass them on. FWIW the laser engraving software I’ve come across doesn’t need the solid fill, just an outline.
  15. M

workflow/workaround for heavy sketches

What I’d do is model the part (assuming you actually need a 3D model) but put as many reference holes in as needed to just datum the rest of them off, unfold it (if needed), then export into 2d cad. In 2d CAD you can put the rest of the holes in. If it’s going on a turret punch, just a note...