What's new

Recent content by Martinm

1. Martinm

Sheet metal: Corner relief?

Nice - but that's kind of a workaround? Just wondering that none of the many options of the flange feature can't do that! Thanks Stefan!
  2. Martinm

Sheet metal: Corner relief?

Hi all, I am trying to implement the design rules of our local sheet metal manufacturer. I have no clue how to create the corner reliefs as shown here: https://blexon.com/hilfe/konstruktionstipps/#keineEckfreistiche Best I could manage is attached image. Any ideas? Also, what do the bend relief...
  3. Martinm

Modeling a helical staircase?

I see, tried to model this in a part where the circular/linear combination is unavailble. Thanks for the hint! Martin
  4. Martinm

Modeling a helical staircase?

Hi all, I'd like to model a helical staircase: Draw one step, then pattern it upwards linearly and at the same time rotating it around the staircase center. Neither linear nor circular patterning seems to do the job... any ideas? Thanks! Martin
  5. Martinm

Modeling parametric weld cart

Just looked at the shelf - all dimensions are calculated from the global parameters. Would it be possible to obtain certain dimensions by assembly constraints? Like instead of calculating the width of the inner shelf panels, constrain their sides to the left and right as coincident to the side...
  6. Martinm

Modeling parametric weld cart

Hi all, I would like to model a weld cart like Peter showed in this thread: https://forum.zerspanungsbude.net/viewtopic.php?t=40750 I am wondering how to model this in order to be flexible. I'd want to keep most dimensions parametric, like width, height, inclination of top shelf etc. What I...
  7. Martinm

Twisted Extrusion

Do you want to restore it faithfully or just get it working again? You could change the second (helical) gear pair with some standard catalog one (non-helical). Will it have to stand daily heavy use?
  8. Martinm

Twisted Extrusion

Just looked up what a "Buffalo 200 silent" is. It is a 1910 hand-crank blower for small forges (am I correct)? Looking at the photos, there seems to be no place for a worm gear (90° angle between two axes), so I might be wrong and this is simply a helical involute gear (although one with large...
  9. Martinm

Twisted Extrusion

These are worm gears, where the teeth slide over another. I doubt these can be 3D printed with reasonable performance as metal laser sintering leaves a very rough surface, in contrast to the ground finish you are looking for here.
  10. Martinm

Twisted Extrusion

I used a pressure angle of 20° (did you mean that with "contact angle") - seems to be common. The herringbone rack has an offset of 1 tooth (pi mm) over the half width of 10 mm. So angle would be atan(pi/10)= 17.44°. - Martin
  11. Martinm

Twisted Extrusion

Thanks everyone for the explanations! - Martin
  12. Martinm

Twisted Extrusion

@Stefan: Basically I wanted the twist to be one full tooth, so first and last profile are identical. If you add just one intermediate sketch (rotated one half tooth), then the loft function can't possibly know whether to rotate left or right. I guess this could require a guide curve (?) or just...
  13. Martinm

Twisted Extrusion

Hmmmm... is there any reason why the full profile helical boss does not work?
  14. Martinm

Twisted Extrusion

@seb I have not tried a helical boss with one tooth - is there a reason why the whole gear profile would not work? @Lew_Merrick : I'd design the herringbone so it overlaps one tooth over the full with. Tooth module is 1 (pi mm pitch, 20 mm dia, 20 teeth) and width of the gear 2*10 mm. I tried it...
  15. Martinm

Twisted Extrusion

I'd like to make a herringbone gear like this: http://www.welter-zahnrad.de/wp-content/uploads/WELTER-Pfeilverzahnung.jpg Application is a 3D printed microscope focusing rack (like this one https://www.amazon.ca/KOPPACE-Microscope-Focusing-Accuracy-Aperture/dp/B07MDGSF76). So it need not be...