What's new

Recent content by motoxmuseum

1. M

UI Feedback requested :D

I think it is fine and don't see the dialog box as too cluttered.
  2. M

How to do a loft with two tangents

Thanks Stefan. That looks like what I was trying to achieve. I will try those settings on the model.
  3. M

Thank you for your reply. I understand that doing a profile is one option. I am also trying to better understand how to use the loft command. There is no defined profile so I was use the loft command to create the arcs needed. I ended up putting a point at the vertex and doing a loft that way...
  4. M

I am trying to create a loft that is tangent at one end and then tangent to a sketch that is 90 degrees from the initial sketch. I am trying to have the loft finish like the black line in the image. I have attached a pkg file to show the parts.
  5. M

Multi-angle design

Thank you for your comments. I have used the mirror feature for some designs but I avoid it when doing a design that I am learning how to do. For example, I thought I had done the same steps for the second set of reference planes but there was a small difference. I learned the details of...
  6. M

Multi-angle design

I am using Alibre V25 Design Expert with Maintenance. I am not sure how to state how much 3D CAD experience I have. I used to make 3D models in cardboard and give them to my design team and saying make it like this. I am self-taught by trying things over and over. I have enough 3D design...
  7. M

Multi-angle design

I am trying to duplicate a part that has several different angles. I am trying to reproduce the design using planes and extrusions along the plane vs along normal. However, how do I mate two sections that are on too different planes? I have attached a picture of the overall part in case there...
  8. M

Reasonable STL export settings

Generating an OBJ instead of an STL can be quicker. However, I have OBJ files that are not correct. I reported this as a bug so be aware to check the output.
  9. M

Colorblind?

I am red-green color blind and find the color combinations used in Alibre a challenge. I am a daily user and happy to give feedback.
  10. M

Looking for a home 3D scanner.

I have played with a couple of different products to do 3D capture. Most recently a Revpoint 3D scanner with the motorized turntable and markers. I have had no success with any of the products. I have also asked others in the 3D printing business if they have ever found a low-cost unit that...