What's new

Recent content by NateTheOkay

1. N

PDM update?

Never seen that page before. Very Handy. They don't have a similar page for bug tracking do they?
  2. N

Our first DDoS attack

Who DDoS's a small CAD software website?!? Bizarre.
  3. N

Project to Sketch Usage

Ah, that makes sense. I was afraid some of you out there were adrenaline junkies living on the edge with undefined sketches.
  4. N

Red dimensions in drawings - again.....

Huh, interesting. I thought selecting the dimension tool dropped you into "sketch on sheet" anyways, since the deactivate sketch button activates. I typically use "activate sketch in view" when I need to 1) create a section view line, 2) create tangent lines or points that are typically tricky...
  5. N

Red dimensions in drawings - again.....

What's the reason for not dimensioning while in sketch mode?
  6. N

Project to Sketch Usage

Could someone who picked one of the "don't maintain association" options explain why you use it? Because you terrify me.
  7. N

Release: Properties_List V2.0b

It works great. Amazing work!
  8. N

More Red Ink

I've been having this issue for years as well. 99% of my drawings are section views of round parts with threads accurately modeled. I suspect the threads might be part of the problem. I get 2 types of errors. The first is like yours. The second is that dimensions don't dissociate, but they...
  9. N

I wish Alibre had an easier way to dimension a 2D drawing, maybe as easy as the method used in Shaper3D.

That looks super handy, I had never seen the reproject design dimensions button before. It seems it doesn't work from section views. Bummer. Not being able to dimension diameters in sketches for revolutions would mean all the dimensions would come in as radii, so maybe not that useful for...
  10. N

Release: Properties_List V2.0b

Hey Nate, very handy little script. Very reminiscent of @bolsover 's Data Browser: https://github.com/bolsover/DataBrowserForAlibre https://www.alibre.com/forum/index.php?threads/custom-alibre-file-browser.23165/ Should the column entitled "File Number" more accurately be called "Part...
  11. N

Part Weight in Title Blocks

I recreated the subassembly, and now it's working as intended. I'm not sure what I was missing yesterday, so I guess I'll chalk it up to user error.
  12. N

Part Weight in Title Blocks

hey Stefan @idslk It looks like something changed in v27. It's started to include the weight of sub-assemblies, and as a bonus, it does it incorrectly. I've uninstalled v26 and can't test it again though. Here's what I was using: # Weight Update # Updates custom property 'Weight' (text)...
  13. N

Video request for benefits of top-down design

Top down design without multi-body solids has always been more headache for me than it's worth. So I'd love to see other methods of achieving it.
  14. N

External Threads via Alibre Script

I can barely figure out half of this stuff if it has documented methods! I'll post an update if I stumble upon a method.
  15. N

External Threads via Alibre Script

Actually that's perfect, because I'm using template parts and importing spreadsheet values to create the various sizes I need. So can I modify an external cosmetic thread via Alibre Script?