What's new

Recent content by normc

1. N

Issue with disappearing dimensions in drawings

Yes it was. Thank You for the quick response.
  2. N

Issue with disappearing dimensions in drawings

Hi, I am having issues with disappearing dimensions in the drawings module. When I enter a dimension in the drawing section the dimension disappears when hitting enter or when adding another then the dimension disappears. Something that has started recently. I have a suspicion that it...
  3. N

Calculating weights on an assembly

Hi dwc, Well I went over my spread sheet numbers one more time and found that I had to be careful which selection of accuracy to pick (4 levels to pick from) to do the calculations on Alibre. Otherwise, I get different results.
  4. N

Calculating weights on an assembly

I am doing a design on a Fly Reel that consists of 30 parts. An important criteria is the final overall weight of the reel. So once the materials were specified on each individual component, I first did an overall weight of the assembly and got 9.7 ounces. (after conversion from Kilograms to...
  5. N

How do you want releases?

Small releases for all of the reasons above.
  6. N

Maintenance renewal question

I know this subject has been discussed to the nth degree. I spent over an hour going through the forum to get historical info to try answer my questions. Some of the info is still confusing to me such as the license being perpetual and what does that mean exactly. My maintenance is coming up...
  7. N

Maintenance renewal

Does 3DS typically send out a reminder when your maintenance is about to expire?
  8. N

Updating

I updated my laptop without first uninstalling V16. Seemed to work ok. Did not ask me for the activation code. Is there something that I am missing on proper procedure to make V17 work properly?
  9. N

Wantedto update to newer version.. Wow, website unhelpful

Wow, that is strange. Checking for any updates button on the CAD shows that I am up to date on V16. If I want to download V17, do I need to uninstall V16 first, or as RALF suggests, download V17 in a separate folder?
  10. N

Wantedto update to newer version.. Wow, website unhelpful

Has V17 been oficially released? I see the the forum shows that V17 is still in Beta, but no info that the Beta is now over.
  11. N

Geomagic stuck in file locaton that it cannot find

Dave, Thanks for the info. I think I found the problem. During some of my shuffling of files, I inadvertently renamed the CAD folder that "stucked" file was in. So no matter what I did, it could not find that file again and locked GM from doing anything. So thanks again. I will keep your...
  12. N

Geomagic stuck in file locaton that it cannot find

Not sure how to explain this however currently I ( as of this morning) I cannot open, save, save-as, any file that I was working on yesterday. When I try to either open, save, save-as any file, a pop-up comes up saying that a particular file's location is unavailable...
  13. N

Geomagic locks up if I loose internet

Thanks for the replies. I hope what I got was a fluke when the internet went down.
  14. N

GM Version 16?

Bigseb, Did Dynamics come with your subscription or did you buy it separately? I bought Dynamics separately and my license shows as just Design.
  15. N

Geomagic locks up if I loose internet

Early this morning I lost internet connection. Apparently something happened down my street and the internet provider was there doing the maintenance to fix it. So, meanwhile, I decided I would just proceed to do some design work on the computer. Wrong! Geomagic locked up. I could not do any...