What's new

Recent content by OrjanB

1. OrjanB

Red dimensions in drawings - again.....

In my case, as described in the thread: Reconnect: The diameter-sign (Ø) vanish and has to be added manually. Redimension: When saving and reopening the red. dim. returns.
  2. OrjanB

I am surprised to see that my thread in relatively few days has reached 1000 views. Could it be that lot of users have experienced the issue red dimensions and want to read more about it? When working, a good flow is important for good efficiency, and issues like red dims destroys the flow. I am...
  3. OrjanB

I am not by the computer now, but: The issue occurs when the view shows a shaded assembly were some parts are sectioned and some not. The part not sectioned (shaft) get red dims, while sectioned part (ring) is OK. No hatching. Have you tested with the specific curcumstances as shown in my example?
  4. OrjanB

When retargeting no lines are available, only points.
  5. OrjanB

Summarizing of this thread so far: 1) There is obviously a bug appearing at the specific curcumstances shown in my example. 2) By your help a walkaround is developed: - Use the retarget tool to get rid of the red dim. - Then manually add diametersign (Ø) Thank you all for contributing. For...
  6. OrjanB

Please take a look at my latest PDF (ver 2) showing a groove in the shaft.
  7. OrjanB

This is the way I do it. The dia. (Ø) shows automatically when dimensioning, but disappears when using retargeting tool. When retargeting no lines are available, only points.
  8. OrjanB

I just came across another rarity connected to the discussion: A walkaround for me getting rid of the red dim. is to use the redimensioning tool. Then another issue appears: The diametersign (Ø) disappears and has to be added manually.
  9. OrjanB

My example was perhaps too simple. I want a shaft to be shown with no section while other parts are sectioned. Updated PDF enclosed.
  10. OrjanB

Perhaps some misunderstanding here (?) I have made a section view in a drawing, not in the part. The assembly, consisting of non-sectioned parts, is imported to the drawing sheet and then the section view is made. In the drawing the sectioning is generated independent of the state (sectioned/not...
  11. OrjanB

Enclosed a very simple example revealing the issue. Package and PDF enclosed. As the PDF shows, the issue (red.dim) occurs when a part in an assembly is shaded and not sectioned (right view) The redimensioning tool can be used to fix it, but this is not a lasting solution. In general I also find...
  12. OrjanB

Konstantinos: Thank you for showing interest. Please note: The issue occurs when the view shows a shaded assembly were some parts are sectioned and some not. The part not sectioned (shaft) get red dims, while sectioned part (ring) is OK. For best clarity there are no hatching. The drawing is...
  13. OrjanB

It has to be a bug. The activating of shaded view seem to generate some kind of conflict with dimensioning. Anyway, having to struggle with unexpected behavior is destroying my workflow. My opinion in general: The modeling environment has in the latest versions reached a high level with...
  14. OrjanB

Hi all, I have a very annoying problem when dimensioning drawings. In the drawing sheet I place an assembly were som parts are sectioned and some not. I.e a shaft with surrounding parts. For clarity I turn on shaded view so the parts are shown with differen colors. I do the dimensioning and it...
  15. OrjanB

UI proposal - feedback requested

On my wishlist: Isometric dimensioning Mentioned several times in the past - still of interest. I sometimes want to dimension the isometric view in a drawing. This can be useful when making drawings for people not being familiar with reading standard projections. Implemented in not too far future?