What's new

Recent content by pottersfriend

1. P

v27 Status?

Agree on chain/paint select...make something similar as SW for trimming. Really speeds things up. Also, on the 3D Connexion front. I have a SpaceMouse Pro Wireless and have had very few issues with it other than not having some of the native access to Alibre functions (assuming SDK). Just...
  2. P

Need Help with Coaxial Constraints

Just adding my 2 cents guess/comment. If you downloaded the bearing block, and looks like you may have gotten if from grainger, the file may not be exactly the same dimensions as the holes in your plate. I'm guessing it's probably off by a minute amount. Also, possibly different modeling units...
  3. P

Voting is now open for the modeling contest

I feel like an idiot. I guess I need to pay attention and actually read. Thanks.
  4. P

Voting is now open for the modeling contest

Just an FY. I think there is something wrong with the voting page. Not sure if anyone else is having issues, but I click 10 entries (the counter goes down to zero) then click the "submit after voting" button then it takes me to a second page of entries and the voting counter now says I have 4...
  5. P

3D connexion space mouse

@Redshift - I use the SpaceMouse Pro Wireless with v10.8.7 and have no stuttering, but I want to say in the past I had similar issues. Are you dealing with large assemblies or is it stuttering with any/all models? I don't remember exactly how or what fixed my issues when I had them, but I would...
  6. P

V25 - Some aspects of UI performance are visibly not as good as V24

Just to confirm, I tried it on my machine and it locked up.
  7. P

Space Mouse

I've been using them at work since the Magellan days as well. They're great. I find it hard to work 3D without one anymore. I have the SpaceMouse Pro Wireless and about the only thing I see is that I don't think Alibre is fully supported with some of the custom button configurations. The...
  8. P

Using Alibre as a drawing tool?

Siemens has a 2d drafting package for free. I've barely used it but it is a free option if interested. https://www.plm.automation.siemens.com/plmapp/education/solid-edge/en_us/free-software/free-2d-cad
  9. P

Suggestions for new features

Adjustable size planes. Similar to what SolidWorks has would be nice. When creating planes in Alibre they tend to be about the size of the object and get lost easily if you have many planes to deal with. Possibly have the name visible as well.
  10. P

Alibre - Blue screen error - DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE - SOLVED

Just to give an update, I ended up having to go into the BIOS and turn off "switchable graphics". Not sure if some BIOS update changed this or I did (though I don't remember changing it, but could've happened). Once this was done I was able to use my dedicated GPU (P3200) and turn off legacy...
  11. P

Alibre - Blue screen error - DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE - SOLVED

Just wondering if anyone else has seen this error/crash when using Alibre. I had this problem with v22 and I believe a video card driver update seemed to fix it. Now it's back with v23 and my video drivers are at latest rev. I tried some fixes recommended from support and I have now...
  12. P

Game controller design work

Unfortunately, I think you'd really need to have the CAD software designed somewhat around the controller to really get the most out of it. The Shapr3D program for ipad looks really intriguing to me. Game controller with and intuitive modeling interface could be cool.
  13. P

Poll - Screen Resolution / DPI

2560 x 1600 @ 100%
  14. P

Request to be able to sort/move/rearrange Configs in Part/ASM/GPL

Yeah, I wish we could just drag and drop the configurations after they've been created. I like having them sorted so things are easier to find.
  15. P

Projected Design Dims vs. Manually added Dims

I realize I can make things work and there are always work arounds but I just wanted to mention that these issues exist and shouldn't. At least you were able to recreate the behavior, so I'm not completely crazy. Thanks again for everyone's input on this.