What's new

Recent content by rmcard

1. R

Been a while since using Alibre, Attempting a new assembly and nothing but constraint problems

My bad, that IDR was from my first attempt to extrude out my part but it didn't give me the result I wanted so I deleted the extrusion assuming all associations would go away with the deletion. I was wrong.
  2. R

Been a while since using Alibre, Attempting a new assembly and nothing but constraint problems

Ok, now I'm pissed.... I can somewhat understand (or maybe more accurately accept) having to rub my belly and pat my head to get some of these constraints to work but after again having my little coupon seize up on me after throwing more constraints at it (I did originally have some success...
  3. R

Although I believe I am methodically and logically adding planes and axis's one upon another as well as following up with constraining parts to said constraints in similar fashion I must be breaking some cardinal rules on how to create planes and axis's or adding constraints to parts. Maybe a...
  4. R

Trying to create an assembly for a fire pit gazebo using 6 x 6 posts and have started off creating a lot of planes and axis's so I can use the geometry of the assembly to bound parts and get compound cutting angles. Not working out of the box. First off, my attempt to first create a part within...
  5. R

Anyone remember and/or have the old Alibre V8 engine Assembly?

Downloaded it and it looks great! Thanks!
  6. R

Anyone remember and/or have the old Alibre V8 engine Assembly?

I'm referring to the Engine model Alibre originally had as a downloadable teaching aide as a constraint exercise, maybe is it still available and accessible in V21? I happen to be making a bracket for a chevy 350 engine to run an accessory off the front crank pulley and was thinking that...
  7. R

How Come...

Took 2 times inserting the file into the folder but it worked on the 2nd try, thanks!
  8. R

How Come...

Albie, I placed your file in the location but was unable to locate the new threads in my insert hole command nor was I able to figure out how to specifically select to look at the custom thd file rather than the default. Should I rename the custom file with the default file name after archiving...
  9. R

How Come...

Yep Lew, I'm running Expert 2017.1.2 64 Bit. I'll try Albie's suggestion and see if that's successful
  10. R

How Come...

...I don't have a NPT selection on my INSERT HOLE command? All it shows are: UNC UNF UNEF UNS Metric Course Metric Fine
  11. R

Error Attempting to mirror a sub assembly

I have an assembly that I am having a problem mirroring one of the sub assemblies. I get a window popping up saying an "Unexpected Error" has occurred. I am not seeing why I'm having a problem because I already have another mirrored sub-assembly within my main assembly that worked fine. I...
  12. R

Need a little help...

Google drive link to uploaded package https://drive.google.com/open?id=15YX3k-G2YlZgvgaerE80EWTV7jB9QFqt
  13. R

Need a little help...

I probably have to upload a package rather than the above assembly that is linked to several locations in my file system but I get the error message that the package I've created is too large. It shows to be just over 6MB.
  14. R

Need a little help...

I have a detail that I have to create a cut profile to the shape basically of a fancy 90 degree pipe fitting it's clamping against. I figure I can either create a 3d spline that follows the centerline of the fitting whereby I could then create a sweep profile that follows that spline or...
  15. R

1st Question

I went in and cleaned out all unneeded configurations to the one sub-assembly that giving me problems with my main assembly. Got it to work again.