What's new

Recent content by RTschaggelar

1. R

Trimming not active

Thanks for the solution. It works. The project into one not. I had to redraw everything.
  2. R

Trimming not active

Actually 3 different circles intersecting each other. So, 3 single sketches.
  3. R

Trimming not active

Trimming should allow to trim overlapping or touching sketch lines. Under which circumstances is this operation active ?
  4. R

File Error at saving.

Thanks a lot, There are no zero size files, none smaller than 11k, and no hidden files, neither in the data folder, nor in the sub folder named Thread, where the stl files go. Edit. Restarting the program helped ...
  5. R

Install update - cannot connect to server

Ah, Thanks. Naa, I'm still at Win7. Will I still be able to download V27 in case my subscription runs out, or do I have to download it before ? Just tried .. V25 is also not downloadable, neither v25, nor V25sp1. I'll try manually. I see, I cannot feed the manually downloaded one into the...
  6. R

Install update - cannot connect to server

I tried to update from Alibre Exp V24 to V27 sp 1. Since the "check for updates" is able to figure out that V27 sp1 is the one I should take, there is a connection to the server. For the actual install, it tells me, it couldn't connect to the server. This tells me ?
  7. R

Recovery process

The recovery process after a crash is not thought through. I get a popup that some parts were not saved. Yes there is a list, Yes, I select them to recover. I get another popup telling me that a file already exists. As this can happen, I go there and rename the already existing file with a size...
  8. R

File Error at saving.

Since recently I'm unable to save new designs. I get the attached file save error. Working with Exp.V24. It is not a matter of disk space. I can however design a part and export as stl file for printing. Actually... while at it .. Alibre is running as single program, consuming 2.1GB private...
  9. R

schrägen Fläche extrudieren?

Leider bietet Aibre keine Funktionalitaet zur Kippen und drehen. Man kann aber Teile passend parametriert mit dieser Funktionalitaet designen. Dazu eine Ebene parallel zu einer Standardebene einziehen, den parallelen Offset als Parameter. Nachher kann ma eine Achse auf diese Ebene setzen und...
  10. R

Synchronizing global parameters

In an assembly parameters affecting more than one part have to be global. I have most parameters thus global. During the design of a (sub) part I thus add a global parameters by the dozens. Synchronizing is random. It can take arbitrary long. The update designs button has to be clicked random...
  11. R

Crash recovery

After a crash I was asked to select what for recovery. Either the assembly or the global parameters. I did chose the assembly. Now the global parameter file is reset to much earlier. Despite me saving not too seldom, perhaps once an hour. That means I saved the assembly with its tree of...
  12. R

non global parameters

Global parameters become effective in assemblies, so that complementing parts fit, and keep fitting after a parameter change because touching structures change in sync. One detail not covered, or I wasn't able to figure out yet are are threads. The details are selected from dropdowns such as...
  13. R

Global Parameter settings

Thanks. File open works. It should be on the button. This is not the place where one creates a new global parameter set.
  14. R

Move a sub component

Thanks a lot. All components were created within the assembly view. I indeed aligned them coaxially. And two of them on a touching face. And the one I want to move aligned by itself to a face, but should be moveable. Apparently not. The treeview doesn't allow me to delete a constraint. How can I...
  15. R

Move a sub component

Moving a subcomponent within an assembly may be a bit un-intuitive. pressing the component placement button bring up the shown dialog, even though minimum motion button is highlited. Select one of the components and move it by some way in DZ. Contrary the expectations, the whole assembly is...