What's new

Recent content by simonb65

1. simonb65

v25 is now live - June 20, 2022

+1, great solution Nate.
  2. simonb65

Why can't I apply constraints

Another approach is to add the first part by placing it at the origin, then anchor it before you add and constrain other parts to it.
  3. simonb65

v25 is now live - June 20, 2022

Also remember that v25 is installed in a different location (it's own directory). So the file that the performance is set to points towards the old v24 .exe in the Alibre design directory! You need to add the new v25 .exe which is somewhere else. The performance applications only point to...
  4. simonb65

Alibre view window freezes - I restart program - then view window is not visible. Help Please!

Did you re-boot after installing the NVIDIA drivers? Check to see if the NVIDIA adapter is listed in "System Information -> Display" ... If it is, but still isn't listed in the Alibre dropdown, then you may need to contact support@Alibre.com. They may be able to tell you why it doesn't get...
  5. simonb65

Alibre view window freezes - I restart program - then view window is not visible. Help Please!

There is also a setting in Win10 to force applications to use performance settings. Set Alibre to use that too ... @DavidJ, from a support perspective, these settings will need to be checked on every install with the new side-by-side installers as these preferences are specific to each...
  6. simonb65

I can not run Alibre [RESOLVED]

Just edit the post title to "I can not run Alibre [RESOLVED]", there is no solved flag on this forum!
  7. simonb65

Measure tool - again.....

That happens because to clear measurements, you click the modelling canvas in empty whitespace. The problem is that in some scenarios, the view cube doesn't handle the users click as a command, it is see's the modelling space behind first. As an example, pan a model so that its behind the view...
  8. simonb65

It's because the likes of Microsoft, Apple, etc are actively trying to stop malware and ransomware attacks and the net result is less and less access to core operating system functionality and ultimately harder to integrate and install applications. I could write really easy code to do things...
  9. simonb65

As a starting point, I would uninstall the 3DConnexion software and try Alibre without that installed. The drivers over the last couple of years (since Win10 was released) have been quite problematic and have caused quite a few comments from users on here (me included). I would also be inclined...
  10. simonb65

Lenovo ThinkCentre M92Z (AIO-23")

Something like this is my ultimate dream (if the price wasn't too darn high!), it is the same area as 2 x 27", but curved and without the bar down the centre that you get using 2 monitors. Seen quite a few designers using these :) ...
  11. simonb65

Exactly the type of pre/post operation the program could do automatically/internally for you! ...... in microseconds :)
  12. simonb65

+1, or at least an option in the measure dialog to force these conditions. This isn't so much a problem when the faces are also parallel to a base plane as you can use the X, Y or Z distance, but it does become a pain when the parallel faces are themselves are angled in 3D space and the X, Y and...
  13. simonb65

21" !! If that's better, what size screen was your old machine? I've personally never used anything less than two 27" monitors side-by-side (at 2560 x 1440 on both) on my desktop machine, especially for programming, graphics artwork, PCB design and CAD work where screen space is the #1. I use...
  14. simonb65

As a comparison, here are the 2 processors you mention (current and 'new'). I've also added my 2 for comparison and the slower one of mine gives me issues with Alibre in terms of performance. I've helped that by upgrading the RAM from 8GB to 32GB. Your 'new' machine only states 8GB, so you'll...
  15. simonb65

I would suggest at least an i5 and 16+GB RAM. If you do CAD for a living, then I would invest in something way better in terms of performance and GPU. The investment will pay you back quite quickly in productivity! I've had my laptop for a few years now and at the time it was either an HP-Zbook...