What's new

Recent content by simonb65

1. simonb65

Update changed part in an assembly

This ^
  2. simonb65

If your only making a 'backup' copy on your server that gets 'restored' back to the same location on your working machine, then that is fine. The problems with windows copy that people get into is when they copy a part (using explorer) to another project then use that in another alibre design...
  3. simonb65

3. is very problematic if you decide to edit any of the parts and really not recommended! I would only do this for viewing assemblies and doing zero editing. Try to only open the top level assembly and then open sub-assemblies or constituent parts from that assembly. This is the only way you...
  4. simonb65

I think this has been discussed a while ago, i.e. lock the parts like Microsoft office locks excel, word files, etc (and become read only) when they are open by another process or user. It would remove the chances of users unintentionally screwing things up.
  5. simonb65

Transformation matrix has scaling that doesn't match the STEP file.

Suggest items for API improvement to the Alibre dev team. I've written many API based add-ons and external productivity applications for use in my company and never found any shortfalls in accessibility to underlying model geometry in the current API ... other than lack of 2D drawing support!
  6. simonb65

2 fundamental rules when editing parts in an assembly ... 1) If the assembly is open, ONLY use 'Edit here' or 'Edit in a seperate window'. When you close the part the assembly will update. 2) If you edit a part and the assembly is not open, then save the part, close the part then open the...
  7. simonb65

[SOLVED]Need help importing dxf file in Alibre V27

We have an in-house Alibre API tool that I wrote that creates board models and PCB assemblies from Gerbers and GenCAD output files of a PCB package. I've posted numerous posts showing the process. I agree in that if the OP was supplied with Gerbers rather than layerd .dxf files, I certainly...
  8. simonb65

My first post here

Just click on the 'eye' in the tree ...
  9. simonb65

OneLaunch

Totally agree! @sz0k30 , why don't you just "pin" the applications you want to quick launch the existing Windows task bar? OneLaunch just seems like a not do integrated implementation of something that's already implemented in Windows!
  10. simonb65

Alibre Python shell addon source code and installer

You do realise that AlibreScript was originally a separate Add-on until Alibre integrated it into the application to make it easier for users? What you have done just seems like a step backwards! Just my opinion. If you just want a floating window, suggest to Alibre that the current windows...
  11. simonb65

PDM update?

Hope there is more than that, because the only useful feature for me is slots ... and Max has already discussed that they are not slots over compound sketches, just straight or curved. So any guide track in my test fixtures will still have to be done the old way (which isn't too much effort...
  12. simonb65

PDM update?

For a piece of functionality that needs to be 100% bug free, because any issues in a PDM system usually break a lot of stuff very quickly, I would say that it is not a bit of functionality that should be rushed. I also think that it is a product in it's own right and the development time so far...
  13. simonb65

Updated Utilities (V2.1) with Rack and Pinion feature now in resources

There are many forums and software FAQ's that I use that are reporting increased detection of Trojan:Script/Wacatac.B, and they are all calling it a false positive. I suspect a recent version of the antivirus signatures isn't quite filtering properly again as this was also a big issue back in...
  14. simonb65

progress

The opposite to being 'Chuffed', is being a bit 'Miffed' ! Very much a British thing :)
  15. simonb65

Just bought software and interface different than trial

@stepalibre , you've just confirmed the point that I raised earlier ... in that it IS possible to do things in Atom, it just takes longer! Even the wording in the version differences clearly says that ... Advanced Sketch Creation Tools (these are productivity tools like slots, etc) and Sketch...