What's new

Recent content by slipstick

1. S

Drawing gear teeth

I'd like to see a tutorial about modeling the teeth on spur and bevel gears. I personally don't need them to be completely accurate, but they need to look right, for rendering. I've seen tutorials using other CAD packages, but they go light on how to actually draw the teeth, and delve into the...
  2. S

How to model a cylinder branching from another cylinder?

I'm trying to model a cylinder that has another cylinder branching off of it at an angle, like the included link. Both cylinders would be the same diameter. Any ideas? I'm lost. duct
  3. S

Can I move the view in 3D space in a precision way?

Cool, I didn't know about the Shift key. It'll do the job. By changing the view rotation first while viewing the cube side on, then the elevation, I can get the angle close enough for what I'm doing. Thanks!
  4. S

Can I move the view in 3D space in a precision way?

I know I can drag the view around with the view cube in the upper right of the Model tab. Is there a way to increment the view by small amounts in one axis only? I have old illustrations I can print out on transparencies and put on my monitor. I'd like to be able to match the view in 3D space to...
  5. S

KeyShot 11 Available with Subscription

Everything seems to work. Seems like kind of a fundamental thing to not be working.
  6. S

KeyShot 11 Available with Subscription

I installed 11 and restarted, but it isn't showing what I expect. How do I fix this?
  7. S

Everyone happy with the new version so far?

I'm liking the UI changes. Much better 'feel', in my opinion. Otherwise, not having any problems.
  8. S

Everyone happy with the new version so far?

I'm not having any issues, and I like the UI changes.
  9. S

Poll - Screen Resolution / DPI

1920 x 1200 @ 100%
  10. S

KeyShot 10 is out

I have Alibre Expert. If I just download the new Keyshot and install it, will Alibre see it, or should I wait until you guys have an update?
  11. S

v23 - Request Thread

1. Add more section breaks, for round tube and shaft especially. 2. From within an assy or drawing, clicking the round Alibre thing in the upper left to add a new drawing makes me slow down to be sure I can get the flyout. Making that bigger would be good. 3. When adding a part to an assy, I...
  12. S

Applying degrees and minutes to angle dimension

Ok, I was glossing that setting over. Thanks!
  13. S

Applying degrees and minutes to angle dimension

OK, so how do I get this dimensioned? 5 deg and 55 minutes. I'm modeling a part for fun and ran across this. I suppose I could figure out how to convert this to a decimal, but I am wondering if the program can deal with this.
  14. S

Version 22 Preview - Update

Sorry, it was just an image I snagged for an example. I'll try your first suggestion. I'm actually looking at maybe creating sheet metal drawings of the parts of an FW190 (I have some drawings for, including 2D profiles of some stations), or perhaps an FW200 or Go-244.
  15. S

Version 22 Preview - Update

So if I drop a plane at the location I want, I can project to sketch on that plane from the loft? I'll try that. I can't take credit for the plan - it was just something I grabbed online as an example.