What's new

Recent content by Stu3d

1. Stu3d

What approach to take with designing a case top with different side shapes

I am producing a replica of a 18" F1 wheel. The only detailed drawings I could find online were of 13" Caterham wheels. I was working from photos and then found an stl file on Thingiverse of an 18" wheel which I downloaded, printed and measured. In conjunction with photos I am in the process of...
  2. Stu3d

What approach to take with designing a case top with different side shapes

While I have always considered the best way to learn software is to try and achieve what you want to do as that will be more interesting and fun than plodding through tutorials I agree with Jimcad, this may be a bit ambitious. I have found the practice models on TooTallTobys website very helpful...
  3. Stu3d

Too Tall Toby Leaderboard

I would love to know how to create this part properly. I created planes each end, drew ellipses and did a loft but it was messy. My attempt below. Mass I have is 1659.5g but no idea if it is correct, unlikely :) Edit: Just found Davinche has done it on Youtube, very slick. Dimensions are...
  4. Stu3d

AutoHotKey scripts for Project to Sketch and Extrude Cut Through All

This one activates a 2d Sketch, Projects to Sketch a face as a reference figure with Association Maintained and then closes the dialog, select a face before using it. The Sleep lines are just to slow it down to see what's happening, remove all the Sleep lines and it will run instantly. +a...
  5. Stu3d

10 Black Belt Moves in Alibre!

Here are the AutoHotKey scripts for the above. This one activates a 2d Sketch, Projects to Sketch a face as a reference figure with Association Maintained and then closes the dialog, select a face before using it. Can be changed to project a sketch figure instead. The Sleep lines are just to...
  6. Stu3d

Holy mackerel, space bar works, thank you so much, I am sure I tried that before. I can now select a face, press one key on my keyboard and that activates a 2d sketch, projects a face as a reference figure with association maintained and then closes the dialog. By combining the two macro keys...
  7. Stu3d

Lofting with 3D Guide Curves - Fails

In your 3d Sketch, Outer Runner CL, there are two circle sketch figures representing the positions of Outer Runner OD at Carb and Outer DPort No Offset aswell as your guide curve . These would make your guide curve not continuous? I assume you did a Project to Sketch to bring the circles into...
  8. Stu3d

I have tried to apply the same principles to Project to Sketch, my pet subject :rolleyes: I select a face on a part. My macro key is then set to the following: 1 - 1 key is my shortcut for Project to Sketch. Tab - this highlights Output Options. Down Arrow - changes setting from Create sketch...
  9. Stu3d

Just found time to carry on watching this video and got to the Shift Tab tip in Extrude Cut, amazing. I have programmed one of the macro keys on my shortcut keyboard with the following... H (Extrude Cut), Shift>Tab, Down Arrow, Enter, Down Arrow A Through All Extrude Cut with one key press...
  10. Stu3d

Lofting with 3D Guide Curves - Fails

Delete the Shell and Mirror at the bottom of the DE you can then delete Sweeps.
  11. Stu3d

Alibre Python shell addon source code and installer

In the 2d cad package I use there is a script feature which enables a series of commands, distances, angles, text etc to be strung together to create shortcuts, hatch patterns, small drawing elements etc. The script can be assigned to a keyboard shortcut so it's a bit like AutoHot Key but...
  12. Stu3d

PDM update?

Not much there fo rme either. I really hope Project to Sketch default options are included, that alone would be worth a years maintenance fee to me. I wouldn't expect that to feature in that list as it's a minor detail for most people.
  13. Stu3d

Alibre Python shell addon source code and installer

I use MicroPython in Thonny for programming Raspberry Pi Pico micrcontrollers but have absolutely no idea where to start with IronPython, AI etc. A step by step getting started tutorial would be great as I would really like to experiment with this especially given all the hard work you put in to it.
  14. Stu3d

Updated Utilities (V2.1) with Rack and Pinion feature now in resources

Windows 11 threw up an unrecognised app warning but gave me the choice to run the file anyway, failed attempt above was Windows 10. Edit: Firefox on both computers.
  15. Stu3d

Updated Utilities (V2.1) with Rack and Pinion feature now in resources

I am getting the virus warning too and then the file is deleted automatically by Windows. Updated Windows and same result, bizarre. I will try at home on a different pc in a minute.