What's new

Recent content by TCB

1. T

A really ignorant question about DXF exports

Thanks for the reply
  2. T

A really ignorant question about DXF exports

Hi, As I said this a question of ignorance, but some may feel it's just dumb. I need to export a part to a CAM package that only accepts DXF input. I do the construct 2d drawing thing. When I export it to DXF, I only have 2d planar information. Is this a limitation of Alibre (Expert), or do I...
  3. T

A little help on constraints and lack of motion in the Crank/Pulley tutorial assembly

Well, I went back through the tutorial, making sure everything was "Fully Defined" as I went, and I was successful with having the assembly function properly. I went back and reviewed all the original parts and found several that were not fully defined and corrected this. However, on attempting...
  4. T

A little help on constraints and lack of motion in the Crank/Pulley tutorial assembly

Thanks for you all looking at this. Like I said, I'm going back and start from scratch on the tutorial later next week when I'm back in town. However, on the current parts/assembly, even after fixing everything (dimension congruity and fully constraining everything) it fails, and I would really...
  5. T

Here's the package - probably simple answer that I'm overlooking!!
  6. T

Well I went back resized all the parts and dimensioned, (size and location) everything (I think) and changed the default units to centimeters in the assembly (didn't realize that it would not use the units from the parts. As before, the assembly flops around nicely until I constrain the last...
  7. T

Thanks, I'll go back through the parts and check everything. I had modified the link and crank owing to clearance issues. Thanks again and I'll keep all you posted.
  8. T

Hi, First, I'm definitely an amateur at this. I have a little experience with Solid Works and F360. Since both have changed their license terms recently, and Alibre offered a nice deal to upgrade as I was a purchaser (Design Expert) a long time ago, I'm trying to convert my brain back to Alibre...